Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Help! Car wont start!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 01:35 PM
karlo1712
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! Car wont start!

The wife has a 2005 Dodge SXT Stratus Coupe. The factory alarm remote broke. They opened the passenger door and alarm went off. They opened the hood and cut off the green cable to the Denso alarm horn on the driver side to I guess shut it off. Thing is now the car wont start, all lights turn on, alarm still works, battery is good, all fuses are good. The odd thing is that the radio doesn't turn on either. I was wondering if this is something that I can fix myself or take it to a shop. Appreciate any input!

Old 10-24-2011, 11:26 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Welcome to DF
fix the green wire. Then disconnect the battery and turn the key on and then connect the battery. Sometimes this will reset the alarm.

Old 10-25-2011, 01:02 AM
karlo1712
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fixed the wire and tried the battery thing a couple of times but no dice. Called dealership they told me to take it cuz they couldnt tell me over the phone. Im 90% sure car has a sentry key with the immobilizer system and if thats the case im pretty screwed

Quick Reply: Help! Car wont start!