Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

05 needs new battery how do I access it

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2012, 09:19 PM
zardoz34
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 needs new battery how do I access it

My 05 Stratus has the original battery. I noticed this morning it was turning over slowly. It did the same thing later in the day a few times. I knew it was time for a new battery. It finaly bit the dust. It jump started to get me home. Opened the hood to pull it out and it is buried under the fuse box. Before I started ripping everything out, is there an easy way to remove it that I don't see?

Old 08-25-2012, 10:04 PM
BillS
Captain

actually battery is in front bumper in front of driverside tire ,not really an easy way to replace battery its a pain getting it out and back in awkward location.you can get to battery by either turning the wheel all the way to left(or you can jack up car take off left front tire think this way easier), remove the plastic wheel well trim to gain access to battery

Old 08-26-2012, 12:19 PM
zardoz34

Originally Posted by BillS
actually battery is in front bumper in front of driverside tire ,not really an easy way to replace battery its a pain getting it out and back in awkward location.you can get to battery by either turning the wheel all the way to left(or you can jack up car take off left front tire think this way easier), remove the plastic wheel well trim to gain access to battery
Success!!! BillS...thanks for your help. It took a little over 2 hours to do by the time I got it out, went to got a new one and put it back in. What a pain for such an easy fix.

Old 08-26-2012, 03:22 PM
dcoughli

I remember having not so nice thoughts about Dodge Engineers the first time I found out that I had to remove the tire to get to the battery! Glad you got it though.

Originally Posted by zardoz34
Success!!! BillS...thanks for your help. It took a little over 2 hours to do by the time I got it out, went to got a new one and put it back in. What a pain for such an easy fix.

Quick Reply: 05 needs new battery how do I access it