Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

1999 Stratus Fails to start after CMPS change... I'm at my witts end with it.

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 10:16 AM
mely
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 1999 Stratus Fails to start after CMPS change... I'm at my witts end with it.

I need help diagnosing this. Please help me. after replacing the Camshaft sensor it will not start. there's no power at coil. it was running before I shut it off to change that sensor. Did I trip that Automatic Shut Down Relay I've read about? If so where is it and how do I fix it? It was misfiring or jerking for a while and gradually worsened until throwing the battery light and eventually the check engine light. At that point it jerked so bad it was almost not drivable. I took it to an auto parts store and they hooked a handheld to it, read the code, and sold me the camshaft sensor. I'm so confused, I've been told it's probably a bad PCM. Please help me if you can or maybe direct me to someone who can. I have very little or no money and can't afford a repair shop. I have also checked wires and harness for possible damage or breaks, checked, and re-checked all fuses and relays, reset the PCM, and ensured that I had correct battery power. The Parts store erased the stored engine code after replacing the CMPS as an effort to get it to start and when that didn't work I put the old CMPS back on and still nothing. It was running (sick) before with the old CMPS. I'm stumped. please help. FYI: there was also a code that said something about "coil 1" and TCM malfunctioning, and possible CPS.

Quick Reply: 1999 Stratus Fails to start after CMPS change... I'm at my witts end with it.