Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

2006 dodge stratus died after drive

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2018, 02:20 AM
nikita hirsch
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 2006 dodge stratus died after drive

i got the car like a month ago it was driving ok starting ok but yesterday after i got back from what i was doing i parked the car and it just died on me now i turn it over it sounds like it wants to start no engine light comes on any segestions will do. not sure if its the fuse but lights come on wipers come on.

going to add i live in minnesota very cold but not sure if it would be that cause it has been warmed up and been driven all day

Last edited by nikita hirsch; 01-31-2018 at 02:23 AM.
Old 02-12-2019, 08:55 PM
workin2hard
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The engine light not coming on doesn't mean that the computer isn't storing error codes.

please do this: turn off radio and all accessories

1. Insert key into ignition, turn to on position (but do not start) until you see the engine light. You should hear a whirring sound from the fuel pump behind your right shoulder at rear of car.

2. Repeat 1.
3 Repeat 1, but this time leave the key in the on position and wait a few seconds and if you did this procedure correct, you should see "p0xxx". Where the odometer is. You will have to wait for mire error codes until you see the word "done"

if you do this and do not hear the whirring sound of the fuel pump, begin trouble shooting why the fuel pump not working.

if you do this and dont get error codes, repeat the procedure again going thru it quicker

so, on off, on off, on wait for error codes.

get error codes and come back to forum sticky where you see the codes for your year vehicle.

best,
James

Quick Reply: 2006 dodge stratus died after drive