Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

95 Dodge Stratus No Start Issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2018, 07:40 PM
Havnfun2
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 Dodge Stratus No Start Issue

I have a 95 Dodge stratus..2.4 L. The past week it was having trouble starting. After turning key off then on..3..sometimes 4.. it would start right up. Next morning had to do same thing. Yesterday I took a short trip to store..started fine..left store..just fine..came home and came back out not even 5 min and now everything off..like no battery in car.. completely dead. Battery good as this morning I went to try..I turned key and saw all the lights..but nothing happened. Turned key off then back on..black again and nothing. Battery good..no starter noise when this happened..checked all the fuses they looked good. Have heard everything for ideas from ignition switch.. ignition coil to starter..but don't know what to do and can't afford to have it towed to shop.

Old 03-01-2018, 08:36 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

How are you testing the battery?

Old 03-01-2018, 10:57 PM
Havnfun2
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had a battery tester from a shop..it showed it had 50 percent but has sat a week now and a jump does nothing.

Quick Reply: 95 Dodge Stratus No Start Issue