Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Do I have bad circuit?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2018, 08:23 PM
Theresa Popp
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do I have bad circuit?

Hi,
I'm new here and to stratuses, though I do have a little bit of automotive knowledge. I purchased a 2000 2.4 Dodge Stratus from a mechanic. It needs a bit of TLC, one big thing is the front struts. I've purchased them, and having them installed Monday.

My biggest issue (outside of body work) is electrical. I replaced the air control module (the switches below the radio, the one was broken and it only worked on high). Since then a few the following have stopped working:
- radio (makes the noise that it's turning on, but the clock display never comes on. The buttons do light up)
- power locks & mirrors
- dome light

I read somewhere that this might be on the same circuit. I would think they might be, as they all stopped working as soon as I did the AC fix. Here's what I've done to try to remedy this problem:
- replaced all interior fuses
- removed the Neg off the battery, turned the key for 15 sec, reattached it.

Also the horn doesn't work. Well, when I put the relay for it in, it just stayed on. When I did the battery thing, it resolved the issue in that it doesn't stay on... Or even come on when pushed.

On the AC, it still would only blow on high, so I replaced the blow motor resistor. It worked great.... For less than 24 hours, and it's doing the same thing again.

Anyone have any suggestions? She's going to the mechanic Monday, but I'd like to fix what I can myself.

Thanks in advance!
Theresa

Quick Reply: Do I have bad circuit?