Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Alignment Issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2018, 12:27 PM
teraldo79
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Alignment Issues

I have a 2001 Dodge Stratus sedan. I replaced a lot of the front suspension myself, including the struts, wheel bearings, and ball joints. However, I made a mistake when replacing the outer tie rod ends. On the driver's side, I forgot to write down the amount of turns needed to take off the tie rod end, and when I got the part out of the box, realized that it was the passenger side tie rod end. Had to go to the parts store to get the right one and on the way I forgot my number...

Would anyone happen to know the number of turns needed to install the drivers side tie rod end, or the length that their tie rod is from center of the outer end to the boot on the inner tie rod? Are the tie rod lengths supposed to be close to the same for the passenger and driver side?

I fully plan to take it in to get it professionally aligned, but I want to get it close, so I don't tear up my front tires on the way..
Any help is greatly appreciated!

Quick Reply: Alignment Issues