DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   Dodge Stratus (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-stratus-30/)
-   -   DODGE - DIFFERENT (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-stratus/4378-dodge-different.html)

iceman33 04-25-2004 10:47 PM

DODGE - DIFFERENT

Their slogan: Dodge - Different. I'd say that's a good slogan. They are different because their damn cars blow head gaskets and they won't back their damn cars up. I'd say that's definitely "different" from other manufacturers. They are well aware of this very common problem. I contacted Chrysler to see if they would replace the defective head gasket, and of course they declined. I am not at all happy, as you may have noticed.

BadStratRT 05-02-2004 06:10 PM

RE: DODGE - DIFFERENT

I actually take care of my cars, and al i have ever owned is dodge products, and ive never had problems with any of them.

are you sure it had oil and coolant in it when the gasket blew?

dodgemech 05-04-2004 01:54 AM

I worked for GM for a while and work 10feet from the Ford store now, we are by far the best about warranty. GM says "Fu$% you" at 36000 miles no question. Ford isn't much better, when its out of warranty its out of warranty. If you wanted it to be covered forever, you should have bought a lifetime warranty-I know when you bought it the dealer offered you an extended warranty.

dustyloins 05-04-2004 03:48 PM

Yup, everytime I've bought an extended warranty, NOTHING has ever gone wrong with the vehicle(s). Hoping it'll hold true for my SRT-4.....[sm=smiley20.gif]

iceman33 05-10-2004 01:47 AM

I can't believe you are not aware of the head gasket problems on the 2.0 and 2.4 liter engines. It is very common in the neons with 2.0.
Yes, the car had oil and coolant! My wife drives the car to work, so I check all fluid levels at least once a week.

iceman33 05-10-2004 01:55 AM

I am not talking about a warranty. I'm talking about a Recall. Go to cartrackers.com and look in the Chrysler forums. You'll see many testimonies on this problem. Dodge was aware that the head gasket was defective, that's why they came out with the new "MLS" gasket.

71RoadRunner 05-10-2004 04:16 AM

That's very true. I knew about this long before I had bought my '99 Neon R/T, they changed to the MLS head gaskets half way into the '99 model year. I have always been very upset with Chryslers lack of accountability for this obvious flaw. It should have been an automatic recall on them.

dustyloins 05-10-2004 04:37 PM

Hopefully with the merger, they've changed their attitude...:eek:

dodgemech 05-16-2004 04:35 AM

Recalls are done for safety reasons, not because you get upset you have to pay for a repair. Alot of vehicles and different manufacters have "typical failures", that is alot of the same thing going wrong however if it doesn't make the vehicle unsafe like brakes or suspension OR cause the vehicle to fail an emmissions test why should they recall it. I think Huyndai should recall everything they ever built they are all junk, should they have to buy every owner a new car? There comes a point where you have to accept responsibuility that your car is not going to last forever and you might actually have to pay to get fixed once in a while.

71RoadRunner 05-16-2004 09:13 AM

A Neon with a blown head gasket can and will fail an emissions test though.