Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

AEM Cold Air Induction System

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 08:04 AM
Chillsaint00
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEM Cold Air Induction System

So, I just got my bonus check, bills are paid, wife is happy, so I'm happy. That leads to spending more money on my car. I'm not car smart, I know the basic stuff, but nothing beyond that. What benefits would I get from purchasing the AEM system from dreamspeed.com? Is it just the basic 15hp upgrade, or is it better fuel efficiency, some whizzing sound, or just damn cool? (No pun intended) I have heard some stories of CAI not being driveable in 'wet' conditions, etc. I live in a place where it snows or rains 6 months out of the year. Suggestions, thoughts, better yet.. advice?

Thanks for any help!

Old 08-23-2006, 12:35 PM
Tommygunz
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AEM Cold Air Induction System

Well, on the truck forum we tend to shy away from almost everything except the K&N kits. If you do end up going with the AEM system let us know how well it does. As far as what they do, I can provide a brief synopsis. Our stock air intake setup is rather restrictive. Changing to a Cold Air intake system does a few things. It straightens out the air flow going to the motor, whichj helps the motor breath better. The new filter element that will come with the system also flows better. All these elements combined will create a cooler denser and more free flowing air flow to the motor. As a gas engine is basically a big air pump, the more efficiently we can move air through the system, the more efficient the motor will be. I am not saying you "will" see an increase in mileage or power or torque, but it is always very possible. I have not read any personal testimonies on this site. Anyone who can share their expriences with C.A.I.'s on the stratus' that would be cool.

Old 08-23-2006, 01:49 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: AEM Cold Air Induction System

a few things..

first off, there is VERY little adantage of the $300+ AEM full length intake over the $70 intakes on ebay...the only difference is that some of the cheaper ones dont come with a K&N filter, but in a case like mine, where i paid 50 bucks for the CAI, and an extra 40 for the filter, im still well ahead of the game. if you really want your intake to be a certain color, AEM is probably the way to go, but if silver is ok with you, you can get by with a less expensive unit and a good filter (like K&N). it wil give you some performance improvements, but not 15hp. you will also get some sound, it does look better than the stock intake system, and my mileage is a bit better.

Quick Reply: AEM Cold Air Induction System