DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   Dodge Viper (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-viper-7/)
-   -   All Hail The new KING; ZO6! (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-viper/40694-all-hail-the-new-king-zo6.html)

Rome sky 11-24-2005 06:56 AM

All Hail The new KING; ZO6!

A lot of talk is going around about the new ZO6. How it is a rip- off of the viper. In most (if not all cases) a rip-off can never be as good as the real thing. In the case on the ZO6 vs the Viper the ZO6 is the real deal. In short, say what you want but if you pull up to a stop light in your new Viper against a ZO6. Then you should get out and pop your hood to pretend like something is wrong. If not you will get smoked from 0-198 mph, and the sad thing is you paid more. The ZO6 is not only the real deal, but it's the truth, ALL HAIL THE KING!

Midnight SRT 11-24-2005 08:19 AM

RE: All Hail The new KING; ZO6!

I don't know where you heard the Z06 was a rip off of the Viper. All I've been hearing is that the Viper is a rip off of the Z06. We aren't saying anything over here, lol. You came to us.

The "King" Z06 only beats the Viper and GT by a little bit. If I had a Viper and you actually had a Corvette. Depending on if you knew how to drive it and you actually beat me by that small margin. You be celebrating by yourself, while the chicks are all over me and my car, saying, "WOW Look at the Viper!"

:D:D:D

BTW I'm sure your mighty Z06 and it's V8 can accomplish what the Viper and it's V10 can right?

I mean when modded, it definately can break the top speed record at 255, run 0-60 mph in 2.9 seconds and run 0-100 mph in 5.9 seconds like the 2005 Hennessey SRT-10 Viper Venom 1000 Coupe

And I'm sure that plain dull looking Z06 body has the potential to look as good as the 2006 Roush Viper SRT-10 Coupe

2007+ZC platform+more horses=Z06 killer...

highrevr/tflea 11-24-2005 11:08 AM

jee srt -10 is stock, you can tell me a regular c6 sucks and the z06 is king....okay sounds fair now dodge has what?? Oh just the srt-10...well hmmmm lets think about this. Chevy has the z06 made faster to beat the viper but the viper doesnt have the factory produced bretheren like the vette...Its funny how ppl can sit there and think corvettes are better now b/c their brand has an evil more powerful twin that happens to have over 500 hp... WOOP DE DOO...BTW your vette =mucho poopy....im sure in a few months UAW can afford to let em go for 30000 dollars out the door @ the rate they are goin...

ViperGTS 11-24-2005 07:17 PM

In the case on the ZO6 vs the Viper the ZO6 is the real deal.
You may have the Viper because of the $20,000 difference, but you're paying for what you get... America's real sports car. Instead of the 505Hp V8 from the Vette, you're getting a 510Hp V10 capable of way more then the V8 can ever concieve. Just look at the Hennesey Viper Venom which took the wolrd's top speed at 255Mph. You didn't see that with the Ligenfeltner Vette. The Vette may also beat the Viper straight out in a quarter mile, but top speed the Viper SRT-10 would crush the Vette...governers removed. The brakes are unbelievable, and had the best stopping distance compared to the Vette and GT...and what else? Oh yeah, GM knew they had the real deal on their hands, so what did they do? Stole the Viper's looks in a poor attempt to have America's greatest sport car. You guys can't even create your own. How lame is that!

Just wait until 2007 and come back saying the same thing about the Vette>Viper. I gaurentee it won't happen with the SRT Viper team.

Tyler Benson
Pensacola

-Matt-

CarGuyOhio 11-27-2005 05:08 PM

ORIGINAL: Rome sky

A lot of talk is going around about the new ZO6. How it is a rip- off of the viper. In most (if not all cases) a rip-off can never be as good as the real thing. In the case on the ZO6 vs the Viper the ZO6 is the real deal. In short, say what you want but if you pull up to a stop light in your new Viper against a ZO6. Then you should get out and pop your hood to pretend like something is wrong. If not you will get smoked from 0-198 mph, and the sad thing is you paid more. The ZO6 is not only the real deal, but it's the truth, ALL HAIL THE KING!
Well it took GM almost 15 years to catch up. I would wager that DC will take 1-2 years to take it back.

As for we can mod the V10 to be better than the base Z06 platform, that holds no water with me. Being on top means it performs better out of the wrapper, not what you can do with it after.

Rome sky 11-27-2005 05:58 PM

Hey whats going on. Thanks for replying. Well we both agree that it matters more about a car off the show room floor than mods. To be real about it you can go as fast as money will allow, so stock should speak more than anything. I did not make something clear in my post. I believe the best American supercar is the Ford GT. The only thing I have with it is the price. I myself am more of a track racer, so the GT is amazing to me. I have heard people say crazy things about how they hate the GT, yet they will not race one. Oh and you said it took Gm 15 years, well do you remember the 95 ZR-1?

highrevr/tflea 11-27-2005 06:10 PM

zr-1 yes, and remember it well in fact its my favorite vette of all time, however, top speed was only around 180...not really comparable to these cars. Not hardly the same at all really 1/4 mile 0-100 top speed braking so-on so fourth...

ViperGTS 11-27-2005 06:14 PM

it matters more about a car off the show room floor than mods
That goes into personal opinions. I don't want a car that's maxed out on mods and can't do anything else.

I believe the best American supercar is the Ford GT.
So why wouldn't the king be the GT then? I understand price plays a role in this, but it can't be everything. And the Vette has a leg up right now, but who has been dominating during the Viper's existence? Dodge knows they have a problem and they are going to beast up the next Viper.

-Matt-

Rome sky 11-27-2005 06:40 PM

Well
I think the GT can edge the ZO6 in a couple areas and it hits 200, so I do think it is one or two points ahead of the ZO6.Nevertheless price has to make up a large part of it, because I can't buy a GT but I'm getting a ZO6 in two years. Another thing, earlier this year GM took the ZO6 to Nurburging in Germany. It posted the second fastest track time for a production car and it did not have slicks(second only to the Carrera Gt by 10 seconds). From what I hear Ford is taking it the GT there soon. So the battle for the hearts and minds is still on, but the battle for the check book is over. The Zo reigns.

Rome sky 11-27-2005 06:42 PM

What I was say is that in 95 no car was doing it like the ZR-1. Yes if you compare it to todays cars it's second tier. Yet that was less than 15 years and Gm has done it again.