DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   Dodge Viper (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-viper-7/)
-   -   viper vs vette (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-viper/66249-viper-vs-vette.html)

JASHELL1562 07-19-2006 04:45 PM

viper vs vette

Heres my 2 cents worth , i considered buying both , then i went and sat in and drove a zo6 2003 and and a 2001 viper, this in a no brainer i couldnt even close the door on the viper. my knees got in the way. I am 6'-5 and i don even fit in the viper. the vette on the other hand i fit in rather well and was fairly at ease not super cramped. I have had to deal with this issue in autos for many years. thats why i have a mega cab turbo diesel. i have owned several camaros and trans ams , hopefully when the charger comes out i will fit in it.

Dodge really need to consider taller drivers.

CarGuyOhio 07-19-2006 05:20 PM

RE: viper vs vette

I am 6'2", no issue. They also make seat lowering kits to help head room.

Have fun with your Vette if you decide to buy, but going from a Viper or Z06 Vette to a Challenger is going to be a step back in performance. But I do like the looks!

Importkillaz 07-19-2006 09:03 PM

Just buy a C6 Z06. That way you can smoke Vipers and have your leg room.

*Grabs his flame suit*

Midnight SRT 07-22-2006 06:12 PM

lol

Try a new Viper, not a 2001...

Importkillaz is a troll....

Go back under your bridge... lol

Importkillaz 07-23-2006 12:26 AM

ORIGINAL: MidnightBlueNeon

lol

Try a new Viper, not a 2001...

Importkillaz is a troll....

Go back under your bridge... lol

I just sold my Viper. before the new Z06, there was no other car I would even think about buying..

I feel like I just traded in my wife who I was tired of for a young woman that looks better and has more money..

Pitt Ram 07-27-2006 12:50 AM

I dont know but in my world...All my friends agree the corvette is a old persons car and a mid life criss car. A viper is more appeling to me...the style, the roar of the engine and the in your face look make it feel more...well... you get my point. But dont let me stop you from buying the vette. Just my oppinion

And yes i know im only 18 but i'm not into the tuner scene if that is what you may be thinking.

Importkillaz 07-27-2006 02:51 AM

Vipers are nice cars but I wanted to see what all the hype was about with the new Z06. The attention that this new Vette gets is well deserved.

Midnight SRT 07-29-2006 03:56 AM

I think the Viper gets a lot more attention... "Look, there is yet a nother boring Vette"...

"Wow, look at that rare and sweet Viper"

lol

Importkillaz 07-29-2006 06:13 AM

I think the Viper gets a lot more attention... "Look, there is yet a nother boring Vette"...

lol
This topic is so subjective...but you realize that by now don't you...

lol

CarGuyOhio 07-29-2006 02:23 PM

ORIGINAL: Importkillaz

lol
This topic is so subjective...but you realize that by now don't you...

lol
Actaully it is not all the subjective. It is easy to take a "watching" poll at shows. I go to car shows at least every other weekend. My step mother drives a Vette to the shows, usually parked next to each other. Many people will stop to look at the Viper, but walk by the Vette. The rarity of the car does make its appeal higher.

I also have noticed many, well lets just all them propositions, since I got this car. Never happened with a Vette.

I have nothing against Vette's, will probably own a 66 or 67 someday, but I can tell you from experience the Viper appeals to more people. Is it the fact they are more rare? Who knows.