5.9L Engine Club

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 07:31 PM
nim81
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by azskater87
hey everyone i have herd different for all kinds of guys on what the best plug to run is in our motors can anyone tell me whats best to use?
champion truck plug!. NEVER use a platnium plug in a 5.9L!!!!!!
if you dont use champion make sure the plug has a copper core!

also, when replacing your dist. cap and rotor, make sure they have brass contacts
and always use at least 8mm plug wires.

Old 01-02-2010, 07:45 PM
Desert_Ram
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks nim i appreciate it!

Old 01-02-2010, 07:52 PM
nim81
Record Breaker

no prob

Old 01-02-2010, 08:15 PM
billnflorida
Default best mods for the truck

Hey guys had the truck for about year now. Nothing major done to it, tune up, oil, K&N stock fliter replacement, put a jet 180 thermostat in it. This year plan on some mods wanted your guys input. Exhaust should i replace the y tube and i was leaning to the magnaflow muffler want nice rumble but dont want to yell to have conversation in cab. CAI is it worth the money for the improvement in mpg or hp. Heard their is not that great of improvement with these engines. And the big one a chip. What in your guys opinion is the best for mpg or hp. I know Ive asked enough so whatever info I could get would be great. Im looking for mpg and hp improvement if its out there. If not I just want to go real FAST.......

Old 01-02-2010, 08:19 PM
billnflorida
Default info on truck

I bought the truck used and I wanted to find out some info on it. The type on trans and what type of gearing im running in the rear end. Any help would be great....

Old 01-02-2010, 08:52 PM
billnflorida

what is the kegger mod?

Old 01-02-2010, 10:01 PM
lb79theone
Record Breaker
Location: Maine! ( GET A HOLD OF ME IF YOU WANT TO GET ME ON FACEBOOK.COM, AND CARDOMAIN.COM)

Wrong thread bro. Search the forum for what you are looking for. Nice to see new members though! Welcome!!! (:

Old 01-03-2010, 02:22 AM
nim81
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by billnflorida
Hey guys had the truck for about year now. Nothing major done to it, tune up, oil, K&N stock fliter replacement, put a jet 180 thermostat in it. This year plan on some mods wanted your guys input. Exhaust should i replace the y tube and i was leaning to the magnaflow muffler want nice rumble but dont want to yell to have conversation in cab. CAI is it worth the money for the improvement in mpg or hp. Heard their is not that great of improvement with these engines. And the big one a chip. What in your guys opinion is the best for mpg or hp. I know Ive asked enough so whatever info I could get would be great. Im looking for mpg and hp improvement if its out there. If not I just want to go real FAST.......
i have a magnaflow single in duel out, sounds great superchips really wakes up the 5.9. some impressive gains.

I bought the truck used and I wanted to find out some info on it. The type on trans and what type of gearing im running in the rear end. Any help would be great....
you should have the 46re tranny and the gear ratio should be on a sticker in the glove compartment

what is the kegger mod?
modifications done to the older 5.9 intake manifolds. the newer ones have been updated and do not need modification.

Old 01-03-2010, 01:03 PM
lb79theone
Record Breaker
Location: Maine! ( GET A HOLD OF ME IF YOU WANT TO GET ME ON FACEBOOK.COM, AND CARDOMAIN.COM)

Originally Posted by nim81
champion truck plug!. NEVER use a platnium plug in a 5.9L!!!!!!
if you dont use champion make sure the plug has a copper core!

also, when replacing your dist. cap and rotor, make sure they have brass contacts
and always use at least 8mm plug wires.
Good info.! Thank you.

Old 01-03-2010, 01:37 PM
SMKNRAM
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ok I need some help boys! I need fellow 5.9's to get behind me and VOTE!! The guys who have already THANK YOU!!! but I need some help catching up!!!

Quick Reply: 5.9L Engine Club