General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

I Can't "Floor It"

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 12:46 PM
PappiDread6
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I Can't "Floor It"

2000 Infiniti I30 3.0L DOHC with 210,000 Miles. When you floor it the RPMS go up to about 3,8000rpms and thats it. The best way I can describe what happens is going from 1st to 5th and flooring it with a Manual transmission, but when you ease into the peddle its fine. At most you can go half way from the floor before she stops producing power So I replaced the Fuel pump, spark plugs, air filter, Did a transflush, changed the Transmission pan gasket and filter. On leaks I have is from the rear Valve cover and Power Steering pump. Pulled codes I had a bank 2 Catalytic Converter code so I replaced that as well. I have a stored code it said it was an Idle Air Control something I written it down somewhere.

Ask a couple techs at work on mentioned a bad MAF (Mass Air Flow) and/or I need a fuel flush because of the high mileage.

P.S When I did the trans flush there were no metal chunks and the fluid was still red in color could of gone longer without the flush. Also when I manually shift its fine you can feel the gears change.

Old 03-16-2008, 12:47 PM
PappiDread6
Record Breaker
Default RE: I Can't "Floor It"

I was gonna do a fuel pressure test next,and thinking about the compression test. I also have a really bad valve cover leak that when pushing the car up to a 80+MPH or reving her up alot she smokes from the back of the engine. Also I get a sour smell. Also when I put her into neutral and coast the car will shut off and I will have to turn the key and restart the engine. And when trying to get past 100mph on my way to San Antonio it would shut off like the govenor kicked in. Any other ideas?

P.S sorry for the long posts trying to be as descriptive as possible.

Old 03-16-2008, 01:17 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

compression/leakdown test ....betting you have a low compression on one bank or the other ,possibly bad rings/head gasket or leaky valves

Old 03-16-2008, 06:35 PM
moe7404
Record Breaker

moe in wichita ks

valve float?

Old 03-16-2008, 07:00 PM
nissan tech

These engines have A/F meter issues. There is an updated A/F meter for the the running issues you are having.

Old 03-17-2008, 09:31 AM
PappiDread6
Record Breaker

With the update correct me if I wrong but it sounds like I need to go to the dealership and have them download it to my PCM, or do I just need to change the part?

Old 03-17-2008, 06:21 PM
nissan tech

You can replace the part and the dealer will have to reflash the ECM data.

Old 07-18-2008, 07:08 PM
PappiDread6
Record Breaker

I didn't do a compression test nor did I do a fuel pressure test. Hook it up to the scan tool and the bank 2 o2sensor voltage didn't change when the rpms change. Bank 2 O2 sensor stayed at .29v when at idle 2,500rpms all the way to WOT.

Old 07-18-2008, 07:11 PM
PappiDread6
Record Breaker

I got that sour smell agian smells like an overcharged battery like a sulfic smell. I think its because Im running too rich. Pull one of the front spark plugs and it was black. Also Bank 2 is running rich and Bank 1 was running lean.

Old 07-18-2008, 07:13 PM
PappiDread6
Record Breaker

Also Bank 2 is running rich and Bank 1 was running lean. The leak in the rear is my valve covers. Will I was messing with the idle it threw a code PO175 Fuel System Rich Bank 2. The more I think into it I'm guessing a vaccum leak or a fuel problem. Bad coils would have a misfire, and bad 02's would also cause a code and have bad gas mileage, and the fact that when the replaced the Bank Catlytic converter the 02 sensors were checked so they won't have a come back.

Quick Reply: I Can't "Floor It"