General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

squealing sound in engine. Vacuum at Dip stick

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 10:56 AM
rgibson
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: squealing sound in engine. Vacuum at Dip stick

It was the Intake manifold gasket.

It cost me $507.00 to have it replaced, but they changed the oil and antifreeze too.

BUT when they removed the old gasket the dropped a lot of it in the engine, 4 days after getting it back, my oil pressure was dropping to 0, and shooting up. I figured the oil pressure switch went bad, so I changed it ($37.00) it still did it. So next I went after the oil pump ($19.99 for pump $33.88 for gasket, which i didn't need, and about $17.00 to change the oil, again)

Well when I dropped the oil pan large pieces of the gasket were in the pan and clogging the screen. I cleaned the pan, screen and changed the pump, better than ever now.

Of course the garage that replaced the manifold gasket said they were not to blame. Even though I never had this problem before I left their garage.

Now I have replaced the catalytic convertor, Transmission, oil pump, distributer, manifold gasket, oil pessure switch, and the normal plugs, wires, air cleaner, pcv valve etc... What else can go worng with my money pit?

Old 03-28-2005, 11:44 AM
casper
Legend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: squealing sound in engine. Vacuum at Dip stick

Don't say that there is always something else that can go wrong. Glad you got it fixed though.

Quick Reply: squealing sound in engine. Vacuum at Dip stick