Intake, Headers and Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

exhaust system for my 03 dodge

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 12:13 AM
phxhec
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exhaust system for my 03 dodge

hello i was wondering what would be the best exhaust system for my 03 dodge ram 4.7 standard cab, i personally like magnaflow but they dont make one for the standard cab for that year. any ideas???

Old 06-27-2008, 09:23 AM
marchant
Professional
Default RE: exhaust system for my 03 dodge

Flowmaster is what most Dodge drivers end up going with; most of the time being the 40 series muffler (runs about $350). However, I personally love the 50 Series (runs about $400-450) for a few reasons.
1. its made from stainless steel instead of aluminum
2. provides a quieter interior noise without dampening exterior noise
3. provides slightly better air flow or better gas mileage than the 40.

If you really want to drop some money, look at Borla

Old 06-29-2008, 02:38 AM
BlueHemi
Veteran

If you like Magnaflow why don't you just get one of thier mufflers (like 12288 or 12198) and have a muffler shop put it in and run dual exits? Personally,I liked myDynomax setupbetter because it had a more aggressive tone. If you would like to hear it send me a PM with your email address and I will send you a couple sound clips.

Old 06-30-2008, 01:51 AM
phxhec

hello thanks for all the suggestions... well i did saw the borla exhaust but its a bit pricey, i like the idea of installing just the muffler but i would like the whole system since my stock muffler and pipes are all rusty now. that flowmaster doesnt sound bad i might go with the 50 series.. merchant heres my email address i would like to hear the sound clips bruce288@hotmail.com

Old 06-30-2008, 12:26 PM
BlueHemi
Veteran

Email with sound clips sent.

Old 06-30-2008, 01:25 PM
phxhec

bluehemi they sound nice, so you think the crew cab magnaflow fits? also i want a single side exit..i thought they would fit but people been telling me they wont.

Old 06-30-2008, 01:41 PM
phxhec

hey bluehemi i was also wondering.. magnaflow makes a kit for the 04 standard cab truck you think it will fit on my 03? i mean they look the same. heres the link http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/d...rtnumber=15890

Old 06-30-2008, 05:10 PM
BlueHemi
Veteran

That should fit. I don't know why they would have different part numbers for the two years. The only difference that I know of is that in 04 they started putting a resonator on the tail pipe.According to other exhaust sites like flowmaster, the parts are the same for 02-05.

As far as I know,the only difference in kits for crew cabs is you get an extension pipe to go between the cat and the muffler. The muffler and tail pipe are mounted in the same position under the bed on both.

I wasn't willing to come up with that much money for a cat-back,which is why I just bought the muffler I wanted and had a shop install it and make the tail pipes. It ended up costing me a total of about $230

Old 07-01-2008, 12:24 AM
phxhec

well thats what i thought that it should fit.. so you only spent about $230 thats not bad.. i should just get a magnaflow muffler and go to a shop and install it. thanks for the help bluehemi

Old 07-01-2008, 01:08 AM
phxhec

well from what ive seen on my stock exhaust the muffler itself is very long and the magnaflow muffler is shorter in length so im guessing that extension pipe might come in handy

Quick Reply: exhaust system for my 03 dodge