Jeeps The tough off road capability of ANY Jeep model from the Wrangler to the fully loaded Grand Cherokee keeps this cousin of Dodge the king of every hill.

Looking To Buy An SRT/8

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 07:05 PM
RogerRammer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking To Buy An SRT/8

I am looking to buy a 2008 or newer Jeep SRT/8. Are there any known issues I should know about before making the commitment? Any owners with horror stories or problems?

Thank you!

Old 05-15-2013, 08:44 AM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Roger,

There are no known issues that I am aware of with the 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8. If there is a specific Jeep you are looking at purchasing, you can send me the VIN# and I can let you know if there are any outstanding recalls. I'd also be able to send you a build sheet, which is a list of options the vehicle came equipped with from factory.

If you are interested send me a PM and I'd be happy to help.

Old 05-21-2013, 11:39 PM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by RogerRammer
I am looking to buy a 2008 or newer Jeep SRT/8. Are there any known issues I should know about before making the commitment? Any owners with horror stories or problems?

Thank you!
This is probably one of the best performance SUV in the market.

as far as known problem or horror stories goes. Most of the problem I've seen are previous owner abuse the car like they stole it when you buy used. If you found one, make sure you give it a VERY thorough test drive, and catch up with all the maintenance needs the previous owner might have neglected.

As far as factory defect, I think it is a very solid SUV. Before you make your commitment, just make sure you know maintenance items like tires and brakes are significantly more expensive than a regular SUV. And insurance premium rate are higher too.

Quick Reply: Looking To Buy An SRT/8