DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   Jeeps (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/jeeps-38/)
-   -   Jeep Commander Hemi headers? (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/jeeps/417305-jeep-commander-hemi-headers.html)

Tactical Lever 08-21-2018 06:56 PM

Jeep Commander Hemi headers?

Hi; I have a 2006 Commander Limited with the 5.7. It got a manifold leak a while ago. I've been told that the manifolds warp, sometimes crack, and the bolts break. Upgrading the bolts may cause more manifold cracking, I'm told.

I'd like to upgrade the bolts and upgrade the stock exhaust system with shorty headers. The problem is, I can't find any that are labeled as a direct fit, and supposedly, what fits a Hemi Cherokee might not fit a Commander. Or so I hear...

Suggestions? Thanks!

Tactical Lever 08-22-2018 10:15 AM

Anybody?

Apparently not very common to mod the Commander!

jkeaton 08-22-2018 10:59 AM

Commander is not a very common vehicle..lol

Tactical Lever 08-22-2018 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by jkeaton (Post 3406777)
Commander is not a very common vehicle..lol

I guess not, but then I wouldn't exactly call it rare, though either.

​​​​​Maybe one day if we sell... That's when that "rare" word really gets thrown around! Lol!

HeyYou 08-22-2018 09:02 PM

Well, there is these guys..... Full exhaust, but, 2 grand???? Wow. Maybe call them, and see if you can get JUST the headers.

Tactical Lever 08-23-2018 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by HeyYou (Post 3406864)
Well, there is these guys..... Full exhaust, but, 2 grand???? Wow. Maybe call them, and see if you can get JUST the headers.

Yeah, that's a bit pricey. Interesting looking headers. Look like they dump straight out the sides. Doesn't look very clearance friendly. Thanks!

I did not think that finding headers would be so challenging. Kinda thought that I would find a couple pages of block huggers and just be able to point to a set that would suit the mission best....

Tactical Lever 08-23-2018 06:02 PM

Any recommendations either way on going to stronger bolts, new manifolds even if the old ones look fine, different gaskets?

Looking more and more like it will end up being stock manifolds.

HeyYou 08-23-2018 09:07 PM

Well that kinda sucks......

Find the part number for the stock manifolds, and then google that number, see what else they fit. You might get lucky, and find some other application that uses the same manifold, that someone actually offers aftermarket headers for. Other option would be by some for maybe a charger, and then have your y-pipe modified to fit them. (or, a custom y-pipe made up.) If there is an independent exhaust shop nearby, that has a pipe bender, it would be worth talking to them.

Tactical Lever 08-27-2018 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by HeyYou (Post 3407010)
Well that kinda sucks......

Find the part number for the stock manifolds, and then google that number, see what else they fit. You might get lucky, and find some other application that uses the same manifold, that someone actually offers aftermarket headers for. Other option would be by some for maybe a charger, and then have your y-pipe modified to fit them. (or, a custom y-pipe made up.) If there is an independent exhaust shop nearby, that has a pipe bender, it would be worth talking to them.

Sounds like pretty limited room under there, and not even the truck manifolds sound like they'll fit. But the Magnaflow cat-back system was an easy sell to the wife!

Ordered the OME deluxe lift for it, as it has everything for a complete system. On sale, and on it's way!

PR1AWRet 03-15-2019 01:45 PM

The Commander part numbers for the exhaust manifolds are the same for a 06-08 Jeep Grand Cherokee. 53013605AB and 53013606AB