Jeeps The tough off road capability of ANY Jeep model from the Wrangler to the fully loaded Grand Cherokee keeps this cousin of Dodge the king of every hill.

Ordering a new car

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2021, 11:21 AM
Stevecbud
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ordering a new car

Was wondering if anyone knew the lead times right now for placing an order on a new Jeep Grand Cherokee!I have to order one because I can’t find one out there looking for a specialty trackhawk

Old 04-19-2021, 11:44 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,380 Likes on 3,120 Posts

Best bet would be to call your local dealer (that you plan to buy from....) and see what they have to say. They also have a 'dealer locator' that might be able to find the Jeep you are looking for, and have it shipped to them.

Welcome to DF!

The following users liked this post:
Stevecbud (04-19-2021)
Old 04-19-2021, 02:13 PM
ol' grouch
Champion
Received 593 Likes on 538 Posts

Originally Posted by Stevecbud
Was wondering if anyone knew the lead times right now for placing an order on a new Jeep Grand Cherokee!I have to order one because I can’t find one out there looking for a specialty trackhawk

For several years now, ordering a specific vehicle is hard to do. The dealers order a bunch of similar vehicles to maiximize profits and the factories like that as it makes logistics easier and more profitable. That's why it's nearly impossible to get a manual transmission as automatics made more money in sales and profits so fewer were ordered. Since fewer were ordered, fewer were made. Eventually, they were dropped altogether. With the exception of 2 or 3 packages, you get what they want to sell you. Usually in white or silver as those are the cheapest paints to use.
Like HeyYou said, contact the dealer.

Old 03-22-2023, 06:14 PM
minnieevans

Hey, I totally feel you on that! It's pretty annoying when you can't get the exact car you want. I was in a similar situation last year and had a hard time finding a manual transmission. I ended up having to compromise on the color and some features. But, funny enough, when I was searching for a good deal, I stumbled upon an article about the cheapest state to buy a car. Turns out, car prices can vary quite a bit from state to state, so sometimes it's worth looking a little further out. Anyway, I hope you managed to find what you're looking for. And who knows, maybe you even scored a sweet deal in the process. Good luck with the car hunt! 🚗✌️

Last edited by minnieevans; 03-24-2023 at 07:20 AM.
Old 03-22-2023, 06:20 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,380 Likes on 3,120 Posts

Originally Posted by minnieevans
Hey, I totally feel you on that! It's pretty annoying when you can't get the exact car you want. I was in a similar situation last year and had a hard time finding a manual transmission. I ended up having to compromise on the color and some features.
A manual trans? How Un-American.

Yep, they have become a rarity. Almost to the point of non-existent..... Just not many cars, aside from pony cars, that you can get with a manual these days.

Old 03-26-2023, 09:35 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 388 Likes on 365 Posts

I was watching one of those crime shows where a guy broke in the car(it was rigged with a camera) and didn't know how to drive it because it was a manual. Guess it's a good theft deterrent for dumb thieves.

Old 12-11-2023, 08:43 AM
ArmandoMyers

I totally get the struggle of finding that perfect Jeep Grand Cherokee, especially when you're after a specialty trackhawk! Lead times can be a bit tricky to pin down, but have you checked with your local dealerships? Sometimes they have the inside scoop on what's coming in. I did some digging, and lead times can vary, but it's always good to check with your local dealerships for the most accurate info. Also, have you considered checking out www.shipvehicles.com/car-shipping-cost-breakdowns/? It might come in handy when your dream Trackhawk arrives! It breaks down all the nitty-gritty details – super helpful if you're considering shipping your dream ride!

Last edited by ArmandoMyers; 12-14-2023 at 06:56 AM.
Old 01-05-2024, 05:32 AM
minnieevans

Ordering a new Jeep Grand Cherokee, that's awesome!

Old 01-05-2024, 06:21 AM
ArmandoMyers

Lead times can vary, especially for specialty models like the Trackhawk. It might be worth checking directly with the dealership for the most accurate info. By the way, if you ever need auto transport services, A1AutoTransport could be a helpful resource. Check them out at a1autotransport.com for any future car-related adventures! Wishing you a swift and smooth process with your new Trackhawk!

Last edited by ArmandoMyers; 01-05-2024 at 10:34 AM.
Old 06-11-2024, 04:51 AM
jodgnathan
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Expanding the search across states and keeping an eye out for better deals can be a bit of a hassle, but if it lands you the Trackhawk of your dreams, it may be well worth it. Good luck with your search!