K-Cars The generation of cars that will forever live in infamy. The glorious K-car.

Roll call just for our Shadow/Sundance & Duster owners!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 02:24 PM
plbiegert
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mr4wd98
Hello Everyone! I have just recently purchased a 1991 shadow Convertible. It has 63K original miles, but i must admit...she is in lots of distress. Her previous owner didnt take car of her. let her sit in the yard, which destroyed the top amongst many other things. I also have a 1994 Plymouth Sundace with 65K original miles. I must admit these shadows/sundances are THE BEST cars that were ever produced! I had to bring the car to the mechanic for the first time in 2 years just last month! These cars really are geat. Does any one know where i can find parts for my 1991 convertible or have any for sale even? please let me know or if you have parts, let me know what you have!
Every little bit helps!

I agree the shadows are the best cars. My shadow as well was left in the yard to sit. The people who had it before me did not take care of it very well. Its missing alot of paint and it had a few dents. The previous owners claim they redid the engine but we have found out otherwise. It has a lot of rewiring someone did and did poorly but the car still runs and is very reliable. The paint job the previous owner did they claim did not stick. So my project this summer is to get it painted.My boyfriend's project this summer is to fix it up as much as possible. As of right now we are looking for vacuum line diagrams and have been everywhere around the area we live in looking for diagrams. No one around here has them or they do and they told us they don't want to dig them out of storage. so any help with diagrams of any sort would really help us

Old 07-04-2010, 07:12 PM
Dark Shadow
Cool

I love my 94' shadow it's been to Kentucky twice, houston tx & wyoming and hasn't needed a thing done to it but basic maintainance. I had to do only minimal work to it when I got cause dude before didn't know crap about mechanics so I replaced some belts, struts, etc. I laugh when I see 2000-2011 cars at the side of the road, cause my shadow can not be killed lmao!

Long live the shadow!

Old 08-14-2010, 01:44 AM
Sundance 6g72

i got my self a 93 duster

3.0 5spd

K and N filter on cold air intake
52mm TB
removed AC
dyno max muffler and intermediate pipe
custom strut bar

future plans
porting the intake plenum
running 2.5inch form the cat back into a flow maste
kyb shocks and struts
eibock springs

i have put this car through hell and back, the paint is scratched to hell but i still love it

only 80,000 on the body and motor.

Old 08-26-2010, 10:23 AM
1brown
Default 3.0 shadow es

nice, i too have a green shadow. 190k on it now, takin it to 250k.

Originally Posted by 22dodge
2 shadows curently in my inventory. both 3.0 5speed 2dr. one green one blue. gonna use them for 2 minivan conversions. one is a gen1 cargo shorty and the other is a gen2 grand

Old 08-26-2010, 10:25 AM
1brown
Default Intake

can you advise me on where you got your intake? easy to put in? any mods needed?

Originally Posted by Sundance 6g72
i got my self a 93 duster

3.0 5spd

K and N filter on cold air intake
52mm TB
removed AC
dyno max muffler and intermediate pipe
custom strut bar

future plans
porting the intake plenum
running 2.5inch form the cat back into a flow maste
kyb shocks and struts
eibock springs

i have put this car through hell and back, the paint is scratched to hell but i still love it

only 80,000 on the body and motor.

Old 01-01-2011, 04:26 PM
gyates93

I've got a 1993 Shadow 2.2L 3spd auto!
171 500km on her with no major engine or transmission work, some things replaced such as battery, brake pads + shoes + lines + wheel cyl + caliper., Lower ball joints, fuel lines, fuel tank + pump, struts, etc..
I definitely LOVE the P-body and the 2.2. Rides SMOOTH, easy to fix, parts are cheap, and a comfortable car to boot! None of the complex garbage from a newer car.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...0&id=710000145

I'm (almost) equally fond of the Acclaim/Spirit as well, but I also love the huge amount of cargo space in the hatchback Shadow.

However, my poor old car is showing that its spent some time in Newfoundland winters, starting to see some serious rust. Two completely ruined rockers, 2 holes in the floor, and two cracked rear coil spring mounts. I'd certainly buy another if it was in good shape, and I've certainly considered that this car would be amazing with a little extra power from the 3.0L V6.

If anybody wants any details or pictures of the car or experiences with it, just shoot me a message.

Old 01-02-2011, 11:31 AM
Sundance 6g72

Originally Posted by 1brown
can you advise me on where you got your intake? easy to put in? any mods needed?
sorry i am just now seing your post.

i did not do any major mods for my intake really.. i just slapped a filter on a air intake pipe that was in my buddies jetta (the pipe had been previously cut and happend to fit)

i then took the rubber hose that connects to the throttle body and chopped it up to hook up to the intake pipe. Needed a little ductape but it worked

my intake system has sense changed though

Now it has the K and N filter on the CAI going to a 52mm throttle body. The intake manifold is ported and i have 1/2 intake manifold spacers. also, the plenum is flipped to have the intake on the other side. A turbo is going to be mounted on the crossover exhaust manifold (and capping off the rear manifold) then running a downpipe to the cat and out the cat back 3inch exhaust i have.

Old 01-02-2011, 11:33 AM
Sundance 6g72

Originally Posted by plbiegert
I agree the shadows are the best cars. My shadow as well was left in the yard to sit. The people who had it before me did not take care of it very well. Its missing alot of paint and it had a few dents. The previous owners claim they redid the engine but we have found out otherwise. It has a lot of rewiring someone did and did poorly but the car still runs and is very reliable. The paint job the previous owner did they claim did not stick. So my project this summer is to get it painted.My boyfriend's project this summer is to fix it up as much as possible. As of right now we are looking for vacuum line diagrams and have been everywhere around the area we live in looking for diagrams. No one around here has them or they do and they told us they don't want to dig them out of storage. so any help with diagrams of any sort would really help us
turbo dodge.com should have a diagram for you

Old 09-28-2011, 12:36 AM
ponyman

i have a 94 2.2 mtx shadow coupe. ridin on 16s and painted like a newer challenger. 190k on the body and 90k on the engine. lowered, 2.25 inch exhaust and custom interior.

Old 11-02-2011, 04:12 PM
Twiszszszter
Default 1993 Dodge Shadow convertible

I'm rebuilding a 2.5 litre, five speed standard this winter and would like to learn more about these cars, such as which other wheels fit them, why it's SO hard to find a computer for one, any info on roof replacement, etc .....

Quick Reply: Roll call just for our Shadow/Sundance & Duster owners!