K-Cars The generation of cars that will forever live in infamy. The glorious K-car.

Struggling family needs help with their Chrysler

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 07:16 PM
rare aries
Keeper of the Ks
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Struggling family needs help with their Chrysler

I got this email today from a club I used to belong to, before becoming active here, seems this family could really use some help with either time or advice. Heres what was sent to me

Dear club members,

One of our club members needs your help. Mr. Mike Vittoria of Garfield, New Jersey has fallen on hard times. Phone number is

973-246-3413 and email is
amvitt28@yahoo.com
The family's only transportation is a near mint 1983 Chrysler E-Class with 170,000 miles. Based on my phone conversation with him this afternoon, it seems his car has been totally messed up by incompetent mechanics and now barely runs. Here is the brief background and scoop on the car:

Good:
No rust.
170,000 original miles.
No oil burn and starts up right away every time.
Car is near mint and was owned by a little old lady.

Bad:
Most urgent: Car is now stalling and idly erratically, Running rough and rich. Mechanics
tampered with the idle control and car now runs sluggish and has been declining in the last 10,000 miles. It will stall once warmed up.

Heater control is clogged and car has no heat in frigid New England winter.

A door hinge is messed up.

Computer might be bad. After all, car is 26 years old.

Bottom line: Family is on hard times and only has this one car. They now have to decide whether to sell it, junk it, or get a new car. It is up for inspection in May 2009. Be nice if this car could be fixed once and for all. Maybe one of you has the means locally to lend this person a hand. Like I said, I don't know how much he would be able to pay, but it would be nice if somehow as a club we could help a fellow member in need.

Sincerely,
Guy V.Coulombe
The Chrysler K-Car Club
(xxx) xxx-2587

If still lived down that way I would gladly help these folks out for free, all I would ask is that they pay it forward.

Last edited by rare aries; 01-23-2009 at 09:35 PM.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:21 PM
rare aries
Keeper of the Ks
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got off the phone with Mr. Vittoria and he seems like a nice guy he has some knowledge of the workings of a car just not something this old. After speaking to him he told me he would keep me updated.

Quick Reply: Struggling family needs help with their Chrysler