K-Cars The generation of cars that will forever live in infamy. The glorious K-car.

Help with water pump on 94 Dodge Spirit

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2019, 07:43 PM
rastoma
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with water pump on 94 Dodge Spirit

I have never touched any timing components on a car before. But I'm trying to get the water pump replaced on a '94 Dodge Spirit. I have marked the belt and removed it, the crankshaft pulley and have the new water pump on.

My confusion thus far is the kit I purchased has items that I'm not sure where they all go. It's a kit for the timing belt, water pump, and valve cover. I'm not sure why it has a valve cover gasket as part of a timing belt replacement. Does the valve cover have to come off for some reason?

I have some seals that I don't know where they go and an o-ring that's about 2 inches in diameter.

Now we just bought the car a few months ago dirt cheap. It had just had a timing belt replaced before we bought it. Whatever the other seals are for I'm assuming they are related to the timing pulleys? If the guy didn't replace the water pump I'm afraid he may not have replaced these seals either.

I can't find a Youtube video, surprisingly, where someone is replacing all these parts on this engine.

I hope it's OK to post the link to what I purchased so that if someone can help me with these seals and the o-ring will know what I'm looking at:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Timing-Belt...72.m2749.l2649

Last edited by rastoma; 03-24-2019 at 07:56 PM.
Old 03-24-2019, 09:27 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,171 Likes on 2,924 Posts

Looks like some extra seals and such. (likely for the cam, and possibly front main seal?) and a belt tensioner.

Just use the parts you actually need. If you are only doing the pump, and belt, don't worry about the rest of it.

Also, keep in mind, that the same kit will apply to a selection of different cars....... so, there may be parts that that don't even apply to your application.

Old 04-11-2019, 11:58 AM
rastoma
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you I appreciate the reply.

Quick Reply: Help with water pump on 94 Dodge Spirit