Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Innovate Wideband Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 07:42 PM
Aceburner
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Innovate Wideband Help!!!

I TRIED to install my wideband today. I got the hard part done with routing the wires and such and I wired the gauge in. I followed the directions and turned the wideband and nothing. The gauge works fine but it's not getting a signal from the wideband. Below is a diagram of what wires there were and how I wired them.

Red 12V Supply - Connected to Radio in Fuse Box
Blue Heater Ground - Connected to Chassie
White System Ground - Connected to Chassie
Yellow Analog Out 1 - I Did Not Use
Brown Analog Out 2 - I Did Not Use
Green Analog Ground - I Did Not Use
Black Calibration - Used When You Calibrate
2.5mm In Connection -
2.5mm Out Connection - Connected To XD-1 In

I didn't know if I needed to use the analog outs. Directions say to use the Analogs outs for a Data Logger or ECU inputs. Maybe that's it but I don't know where they would go. The system is suppose to do a first time calibration for the LC-1 when you turn it on. Part of that calibration is heating up the sensor. It was hot when I touched it so I believe the thing works right but the XD-1 Gauge isn't picking up the LC-1. Any help?

Old 06-26-2007, 08:00 PM
SRT_YA
Record Breaker
Default RE: Innovate Wideband Help!!!

are you sure the sensor is "good"?? does that use a 5 wire design?? 3 wire?? etc??

I know the AFX that we sell has had issues where the O2 sensor (Bosch sensor) is bad and people think the whole unit is toast... when it's just the sensor.

do you have good grounds?? do you have a mulitmeter to check resistance, voltage, continuity? etc, etc, etc?

I don't have experience with these - so take this advice as general advice and with a grain of salt...

Old 06-26-2007, 08:08 PM
Aceburner
Veteran

I wouldn't know. The sensor got hot, I don't know if that meant it works or not. I'd have to look at the sensor for the design. I dunno what to do.

Old 06-26-2007, 10:55 PM
PSI Chick
Champion

did you put the plug in the extra 2.5mm in connection? the gauge will not read without that plug in. it doesn't tell you in the instructions to install it.....

Old 06-27-2007, 07:36 AM
Aceburner
Veteran

The In Connection, where would it go? The direction sure don't say it. I'll try that as soon as I get off work.

Old 06-27-2007, 05:56 PM
Aceburner
Veteran

Well I got home and went to look at the In Cable for the LC-1. Where does it go? The out cable is hooked up to the In for the Gauge so where does the In go?

Old 06-27-2007, 08:40 PM
Aceburner
Veteran

Hey PSI I finally got it. You were right (as always). I went to Innovate and saw a post about a terminator plug. I don't remember seeing it or reading about it so I went out to the car to see if it was there and sure enough it was. As soon as I plugged it up, there it was, I don't know fully if it works yet cause I need to lift the car and do the calibration but I definitely got some different readings from the gauge. Thanks!

Old 06-27-2007, 09:30 PM
Plan B
Captain

I thought the Innovative Wideband automatically calibrated itself (the only wideband to do so)?

Old 06-28-2007, 05:02 AM
PSI Chick
Champion

i figured that's what it was. when i installed mine i was ripping my hair out for about three days before i figured out what the problem was. they really should have that in the directions.

the innovate wideband will calibrate itself, but in order to do so you have to either have had the car off for a minimum of 6 hours, or you can do a free air calibration which is probably what ace is doing. the innovate is great with calibration, just push the button until it reads CALC and let it do it's thing. just gotta be sure the pipes are clear or you'll get inaccurate readings.

Old 06-28-2007, 07:40 PM
Aceburner
Veteran

Yup, I just finished the install to day and it works great! My a/f's are reading 14.3-14.7 right now but I'll be putting in s2 soon so i'll probably be reading somewhere close or into the 10's. I know what u mean PSI, I was freaking for about a day when I found out it was something so simple. When you said something goes into the In I started looking around and found that little piece. I just looked at it like \-_-/.... wtf!

Quick Reply: Innovate Wideband Help!!!