DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   Neon SRT-4 (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/neon-srt-4-24/)
-   -   was the srt4 a good buy? (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/neon-srt-4/12331-was-the-srt4-a-good-buy.html)

mickhastings 10-29-2004 01:21 AM

was the srt4 a good buy?

figured id ask on a forum where ppl owned the thing... was it worth the money.. because im thinking of either getting one.. or, buying a used rsx-s... also how is the handling.. i have test drove one.. and the handling is nothing compared to my old celica gts... but it does have a ton more power which i like.. i pretty much am asking as a daily driver will it go the distance?

-chris

millenniumdna 10-29-2004 01:33 AM

RE: was the srt4 a good buy?

Hmm, thats a tough question. Alot of people like to use the best bang for the buck theory. What are you looking for In a car. Thats the question you need to use when finding out if the SRT-4 is for you. Lets use me for an example. I'm a family man, I wanted something sporty yet pracitcal. I needed something that wouldnt break my wallet and something that will last. The SRT-4 Fit. Will it go the distance? If you take care of the car I see no reason why it wont. If you run it into the ground and dont do your regular maintence its gonna break down just like anything else.

I am very happy with the purchase if I could do it again the only thing i would change is I would get a sunroof.
May not be much but for what its worth thats my 2 cents.

glhs837 10-29-2004 01:55 AM

42K, loving it. Many highway miles, me wife 2 sometimes 3 (my oldest, live with his Mom) kids. Handling seems fine to me. For the roadway, it's great. Racetrack with turns and such, a handful from all accounts, but you shouldn't push that hard off a track anyway.

Undertaker 10-29-2004 04:23 AM

I am happy with it. Power is freakin' awesome. Not real crazy about the handling. Nothing like my SI, that thing rode on rails. When I get a complete suspension on this car, it might make me happier.

byebye 10-29-2004 09:24 AM

Love it and a test drive will only give you half the story. I have ran that car through the twisties without any worries. Very powerful.

SRT_YA 10-29-2004 09:46 AM

love mine...

the front end can be a little squirely (sp) when on the fun pedal and trying to do anything but go straight...

otherwise, Millen is right, figure out what you want from a car and get it ;)

by the way, I considered an RSX before this, but the car just felt too small... so I bought a Neon instead... hahahaha

71RoadRunner 10-29-2004 11:41 AM

I couldn't have said it better. It is all just a matter of what your looking for in a car. I want nothing more than performance and the cheaper I can get it the better and the SRT-4 finally broke me down and I bought one. I use to hate it because it had 4 doors, but after reading enough about it and then seeing it in person in black, I was sold. My '99 Neon R/T may have handled better, but not enough to make up for the power difference and the strut tower braces have really helped out my SRT-4's handling. I think the SRT-4's height and rake is what lessens the handling, but .86-.87 isn't bad from a stock SRT-4.

BadStratRT 10-29-2004 11:48 AM

i dont have one, but i would still say yes..

dustyloins 10-29-2004 12:41 PM

No regrets with this car and a $40 strut tower brace made the handling much better in the curves.....

millenniumdna 10-29-2004 01:47 PM

those strut towers really make that big of a difference?