Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Upgrading to the SRT4

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 03:38 PM
mxrnick
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

02-04 srt-4? i want an 02 srt-4 just so i have the only one in exsistance. and if i have an 05 does that mean these axles wont work for me? i dont know how much i trust a site that cant figure out what years a car was made. just my 2 cents o and love how they have a set for the automatic tranny neon srt-4s LOL classic

Last edited by mxrnick; 08-16-2009 at 03:41 PM.
Old 08-16-2009, 04:45 PM
70x7
Veteran

well, that shop is EXTREMELY reputable for thier axles, so if you dont want to buy because of an 02 typo....um ok?
Also, you are aware that auto trannys are now in existance for the SRT right? Not by factory of course.

In fact, take a look at the auto tranny description. Says they are for Darrell *** automatics.

Last edited by 70x7; 08-16-2009 at 04:58 PM.
Old 08-16-2009, 10:26 PM
Gigahurtz

You are beating a dead horse doing a swap into a standard neon. Has it been done? Yes, I have seen two. One of which you cant even tell. Would I do it? Not a chance. The TIME alone is going to kill ya let alone the $ ammount. The ammount of headaches I have seen is enough to discourage me.

Do you self a favor and pick up a used one in good shape and work from there. It will cost less $ and headaches in the long run...

If not, I know of a car that has had the swap already done, and is for sale. But it will cost you the same for a used "true" SRT-4

Old 08-17-2009, 03:28 PM
mxrnick
Veteran

well if they are that reputable then they really need to check their facts. im not saying they are a bad company ive never used them and honesly in dont know anything about them. all i know is its not that hard to get the facts right and personally i think it looks bad to put up incorrect info on your own website. just my opinion

Old 08-17-2009, 04:49 PM
srt4rez
Professional

Check out "The official 2nd Gen FAQ", it's right here in the forum. It will answer alot of your questions pertaining on what to change over. Good luck! But I agree with Gigahurtz.

Old 08-18-2009, 11:57 AM
Gigahurtz

Originally Posted by mxrnick
02-04 srt-4? i want an 02 srt-4 just so i have the only one in exsistance. and if i have an 05 does that mean these axles wont work for me? i dont know how much i trust a site that cant figure out what years a car was made. just my 2 cents o and love how they have a set for the automatic tranny neon srt-4s LOL classic
Originally Posted by mxrnick
well if they are that reputable then they really need to check their facts. im not saying they are a bad company ive never used them and honesly in dont know anything about them. all i know is its not that hard to get the facts right and personally i think it looks bad to put up incorrect info on your own website. just my opinion
Factory axles handle alot of power and are pretty stout. Seen tons of 11 second passes launching at 5k on slicks no problem.

Do a bit of research i would assume. If you own a SRT-4, but never heard of a DCR automatic, then I would think you been in hiding for a bit...

Unreputable due to a Typo?

Old 08-18-2009, 09:48 PM
70x7
Veteran

not bustin your chops buddy dont worry!

Old 10-08-2009, 10:22 PM
HEAVYARMS

OK guys I have the motor and transmission. no computer and no intake manifold.
I have everything else except for these parts. so here is another question. will my manifold off of my SXT work as well as my computer?. i also have the shocks and suppension as well.

Old 10-09-2009, 08:10 AM
70x7
Veteran

Suspension probably does. Intake manifold and ECU will not. The computer is specifically specd for the boost application of the SRT motor.
Add: you will need the intake manifold because that has the MAP sensor provision that the ECU needs to see. (among many other boost/fuel related sensors)

Old 10-09-2009, 01:07 PM
mxrnick
Veteran

^ not to mention the flow difference. the runners on the srt are designed alot different than the sxt. if it even bolted up to the block cause it probly will it wont flow near as well and like 70x7 said the sensors for the ecu are not there. if you already have the engine and tranny the intake is the cheapest part. i would make sure the engine you got didnt already come with an ecu cause i would think it did. just my 2 cents

Last edited by mxrnick; 10-09-2009 at 01:12 PM.

Quick Reply: Upgrading to the SRT4