Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

'04 Srt-4 vs '05 WRX

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 01:30 PM
avengermike
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: '04 Srt-4 vs '05 WRX

im sorry but no way is a srt-4 staying with a svt 4.6L super. i go out every night and run my cobra. their is one srt-4 here where i live that i know about running stage 3, cant even stay by my rear. Now i did race him when my car was stock and when i looked to my side he was their till 3rd and after that about two cars back. As For STI no way srt-4 takin one mod for mod, i have had one stay on my side in 1/4 dead even. the one to win would be who ever messed up best race i have ever had in my svt cobra. but now that i have put 4k in the svt no match. I race more of those cars then any i think everyone and their grandma has one.LOL stock for stock close race with a srt-4 but sti will come out on top. those were what i was lookin at but like all say price. i rather put 10k into my srt-4. i have driven both cars and have raced both stock and sti pulls. the srt-4 is better from a roll, but of course. i think or the way i fill is that the sti has what to srt-4 would be is stage 2 with toys. so right off the bat its 2 upgrades ahead of u, granted it does weigh more.

Old 04-27-2005, 05:58 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Who said anything about an SRT-4 staying with an SVT 4.6L supercharged? We all already know and have mentioned several times in this thread alone that stock vs. stock the STi will beat the SRT-4, that is not even an issue. And nowhere did anyone mention running ones that had the same mods, that would be stupid because it would be the exact same as the stock vs. stock race. As far as running your Cobra against an SRT-4 with Stage 3, do you know for a fact that it had Stage 3, because anyone can get the Stage 3 badge on E Bay? If it was a true Stage 3 equipped SRT-4, then the driver has no clue as to how to drive it or he quit when you hit 3rd. The '03 and up Cobra is rated at 390 horsepower and runs mid-low 13's (13.3-13.5), a Stage 3 SRT-4 will beat that if the driver can drive. A stock SRT-4 runs high 13's (13.7-13.9)with a good driver and Stage 3 adds another 100+ horsepower to it (roughly 100 hp on pump premium, well over 100 hp when running 100 octane), so I'm guessing that you ran a poser with a badge.

Old 05-09-2005, 10:34 AM
black4
Record Breaker

amen

Old 07-13-2005, 11:47 AM
sparco

of course the srt is faster in the straight. that's what it was built for. it was deprived of it's luxuries for less weight. no offense to you guys but the quality of the wrx is better. this is just my opinion though. i have thought about getting the srt but it was not for me. it's a cool car none the less. i just prefer the interior, the awd, and performance of the wrx. i like going to canyons and just tearing them up. when you talk about the cars just keep in mind that it's a street car vs. a rally car. like i said it's just my opinion.

Old 07-13-2005, 01:29 PM
posthondaremoval
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: sparco

of course the srt is faster in the straight. that's what it was built for. it was deprived of it's luxuries for less weight. no offense to you guys but the quality of the wrx is better. this is just my opinion though. i have thought about getting the srt but it was not for me. it's a cool car none the less. i just prefer the interior, the awd, and performance of the wrx. i like going to canyons and just tearing them up. when you talk about the cars just keep in mind that it's a street car vs. a rally car. like i said it's just my opinion.
And our next subject - "Threads that don't die"

I agree that the finish on the wrx might have a little edge and that it is a nice car, but that is it.

I have to disagree on the rest. A stock srt-4 will beat a stock wrx in handling, too. Like I said months ago, in this post, I have driven both extensively. A stock wrx understeers like crazy. It is fun to spin all 4 while it pushes through turns(note the 55% profile of its all-season tires), but the srt definitely pulls out of turns harder (at least if it has a lsd, '04 and up). The power difference is pretty significant, so in a straight line it is no contest. Once rolling, the awd power drain amlifies this even more (we are talking about a 70 hp discrepancy at the wheels, here(160ish vs. 230ish)). You wanna talk body roll? Try driving them back to back, and see what you think.

If you are in the philly area, I have some great - very twisty roads that I would love a stock wrx to try and hang with me on. We are definitely talking "canyon carving" (sans the canyons) I guarantee you will see some taillights at first, then nothing, as I slowly pull away. [sm=gears.gif]

I give all the credit in the world to subaru on the sti, which is rally inspired and very, very fast, but the standard wrx, while a nice car, is just not in the same league as the srt-4.

If we are talking utility, the subaru takes it for sure, with a wagon, and 4wd, but on speed, there is no comparison. Really.

Btw, that looks like an sti in your avatar, very nice - anything done to it?

Old 07-13-2005, 05:47 PM
coyoteyz13
Veteran

The key words are Rally inspired as Posthonda stated. There is an SRT 4 running in the pro US rally series and it does ok. I believe the slalom times are faster for the SRT 4.

Old 07-13-2005, 06:08 PM
2coff
Record Breaker

I've ripped apart the the hole interior on a WRX they are every bit as cheaply made as a SRT-4. Handling numbers faver the SRT-4, but I will say the WRX has crapy tires. As far as the rally comment Why do the FWD SRT-4's in pro rally compete with fully moddified AWD cars? I've even seen them win stages, and finish in the top 3 overall, thats damn impressive for having way less traction.

Old 07-13-2005, 07:00 PM
posthondaremoval
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: 2coff

I've ripped apart the the hole interior on a WRX they are every bit as cheaply made as a SRT-4. Handling numbers faver the SRT-4, but I will say the WRX has crapy tires. As far as the rally comment Why do the FWD SRT-4's in pro rally compete with fully moddified AWD cars? I've even seen them win stages, and finish in the top 3 overall, thats damn impressive for having way less traction.
BINGO

Anyone ever heard of Doug Shepard, or know what car he sucessfully drives to regular top 3 finishes?

Old 07-13-2005, 07:16 PM
coyoteyz13
Veteran

And the WRC STi is the furthest thing from a stock STI

Old 07-13-2005, 07:34 PM
posthondaremoval
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: coyoteyz13

And the WRC STi is the furthest thing from a stock STI
Hell yes, not even close to stock. But I must admit that the srt-4 that competes with the wrc-level cars is far from stock, as well.

No stock car could handle the abuse true rally drivers throw at them on the pro level.

Quick Reply: '04 Srt-4 vs '05 WRX