Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Car idling rough since Prothane inserts install?!

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2005, 08:39 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Car idling rough since Prothane inserts install?!

It's not bad at all, it's just that some people are not use to it and didn't expect these resulting sounds and feel. The inserts are great and they make a very noticeable difference in the way the car launches, it transfers the power to the ground far better and quicker giving it a much more responsive launch and feel. It will cause the car to grab and go quicker than before by not allowing the soft mounts to absorb some of the engines torque. They also make the engine and exhaust sound louder inside the car as well. It also transfers more vibration too.

Old 05-22-2005, 12:41 PM
roachnigga
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i gotta really think this thru[&:]. though i do go to the track, but is it worth the noise[&o].

appreciate the advice

Old 05-23-2005, 03:19 AM
PSI Chick
Champion

when deciding on mounts and inserts, it's important to remember that what you might consider loud or a lot of vibration might not be to someone else. so when you hear others say that they're getting a lot of vibration, their tolerance for it might be different from yours and you might not mind or notice it at all. just remember that people have different tolerances for noise and vibration, so when you read that someone has or does not have a problem with it, you might feel differently from them.

for example, i had inserts, and noticed no difference at all in noise when i installed them when many other people said that they did. i switched to solid mounts and had lots of vibration at first, but after they broke in the vibrations have noticably reduced. i don't really notice the difference anymore, but other people tell me that they think that there is a lot of noise/vibration with them. my tolerance for the noise is just higher than theirs.

so just remember that when reading other's opinions.....

Old 05-23-2005, 03:40 AM
Pressurecooker
Record Breaker

Ok here's my million dollar, well ok, 100 dollar idea.
Some kind of quick change solid/ soft insert. Soft during the day, flip a switch and it's hard at night! ;-)
You know, some kind of plasma that solidifies when you put voltage too it or like the ARB air locker with an air solenoid that makes them solid.
Well, there's the idea. It's my gift to you all. LOL

Old 05-23-2005, 07:49 PM
roachnigga
Record Breaker

Being in Aviation i have alot of noise tolerance.... Just wanted different feedback
ORIGINAL: PSI Chick

when deciding on mounts and inserts, it's important to remember that what you might consider loud or a lot of vibration might not be to someone else. so when you hear others say that they're getting a lot of vibration, their tolerance for it might be different from yours and you might not mind or notice it at all. just remember that people have different tolerances for noise and vibration, so when you read that someone has or does not have a problem with it, you might feel differently from them.

for example, i had inserts, and noticed no difference at all in noise when i installed them when many other people said that they did. i switched to solid mounts and had lots of vibration at first, but after they broke in the vibrations have noticably reduced. i don't really notice the difference anymore, but other people tell me that they think that there is a lot of noise/vibration with them. my tolerance for the noise is just higher than theirs.

so just remember that when reading other's opinions.....

Old 05-23-2005, 08:55 PM
PSI Chick
Champion

it wasn't really directed at you personally, but more at everyone that is wondering the same thing. i hear this question a lot, and people don't seem to realize that people have different tolerances for these things and don't take that into account when reading responses. i'm sure that you have a higher tolerance than i do for the vibration!

Old 05-24-2005, 02:03 AM
posthondaremoval
Record Breaker

I wasn't going to post, here, because I have posted my opinion about the subject many times. But after reading the last couple of posts, I thought I would chime in. I agree that everyone has their own answer, and thoughts on what they want their car to feel and sound like.

A good way to answer the question is that it is all about perspective.

Personally, I feel that they are "good" vibrations. I like to hear and feel what is going on with my car and engine. With mounts or inserts I feel more " connected " to what is going on; I know when different parts turn on or off, and can hear what the engine is doing more clearly. I don't mind the noise, because I look at it as my driving soundtrack; rarely do I use the stereo anymore.

I guess it depends on perspective, and how you look at the driving experience, as a whole. If you want a performance vehicle and don't mind a little harshness to achieve a better driving experience, you'll like them. If you don't want to sacrifice a little bit of comfort for improvement in performance, you might not.

Old 05-24-2005, 05:14 AM
roachnigga
Record Breaker

Cool...

Old 05-24-2005, 06:13 PM
SRT4STYLIN
Professional

Personally, I like the vibration, gives the car more of a muscle feel at idle...
I had a 73 vette before the SRT-4, with a racing cam, and 2.5" exhaust, so noise and rough idle are not a problem, I just wasnt used to it, but now, I almost dont even notice it, until that darn a/c comp turns on... haha
I like, it makes my car feel more solid!!!

Quick Reply: Car idling rough since Prothane inserts install?!