Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

performance upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 07:02 PM
slghmr87
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default performance upgrades

i've upgraded my '03 with s1, denso irridiums and wires, mopar bov and k&n cai. on the hwy i notice some stutter when i floor the gas at 65 mph in 5th gear. i've checked the usual culprits ie. plugs and wires as well as bov. everything checks out fine (gap o.k., wires tight and bov not leaking). the boost gauge does not fluctuate when the stutter occurs. would a wastegate upgrade help? my car's a daily driver and i do not intend on taking it to the track. however, stutter included, i would like to add some mods that would compliment my current upgrades. excuse the noob inquiry, i am a backyard mechanic with minimal turbo experience!

Old 11-16-2005, 02:16 AM
BigMac
Professional
Default RE: performance upgrades

Try swapping out your plugs for some NGK 4306s gapped at .045 and some regular plug wires. That's generally a good place to start your diagnosis.

Old 11-18-2005, 02:08 PM
slghmr87

Thanks BigMac. I'll give it a try. Do you think the Denso's and wires are to much for the other mods I've installed and hurt the performance? Would a AGP or S2 wastegate help?

Old 11-19-2005, 01:14 PM
PSI Chick
Champion

an agp or s2 wga would be most beneficial if you had a mbc/ebc on it as well. it will increase boost levels, but isn't going to stop a studder.

i agree that it definetly sounds like plugs and wires. if you want a set of denso's the ITL16's would be the plugs of choice for you. they're a stock replacement, but much better functioning. get those with a set of msd wires and you should be good to go. the ngk coppers are also a very good plug for a lightly modded car, and are much cheaper.

Old 11-19-2005, 02:35 PM
slghmr87

Thanks PSI. I currently have those Denso's and 9mm wires installed on my car. I'm going to swap them out and see if the stutter goes away.

Quick Reply: performance upgrades