Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

BOV & STS

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 05:09 AM
MikeyLittle
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BOV & STS

What's up people, just a few quick questions here. What should I know about before I install the Mopar BOV and Short Throw Shifter. I know about the dreaded third bolt lol but i also heard about replacing a spring. If so can someone enlighten me on this. Also with the STS, what the hell is booger bushings that I hear people talking about and does it help, I know I don't have to change the boot for it but will the Shift **** fit or does it come with one already?? Any help would be appreciated, thanks guys/girls

Old 02-09-2006, 12:56 PM
manninej
Rookie
Default RE: BOV & STS

As far as the BOV goes, this is the how to that I used and it makes it really simple.
http://planet1041.com/BOV/frame.htm
Here's a couple of tips. Use a ratchet wrench...if you don't have one, get one. Tie a string onto the wrench and around your wrist so you don't keep loosing the wrench. Get some extra bolts and washers. I dropped on of mine and couldn't find it, so I had to rig it so that I could get up to Lowes and get some more bolts. They only cost about $2 for a few of them and you'll be glad you got them if you loose one.

Old 02-09-2006, 02:26 PM
LilSparkPlug
Champion

ALOT, okay just about everybody that buys the Mopar STS gets those bushings. I dont have them, and I love the way my car shifts. My friend does have them, and his car shifts exremely stiff. I dont know if he installed them wrong or what, but I dont like those little things.

Old 02-09-2006, 06:14 PM
posthondaremoval
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: MikeyLittle

What's up people, just a few quick questions here. What should I know about before I install the Mopar BOV and Short Throw Shifter. I know about the dreaded third bolt lol but i also heard about replacing a spring. If so can someone enlighten me on this. Also with the STS, what the hell is booger bushings that I hear people talking about and does it help, I know I don't have to change the boot for it but will the Shift **** fit or does it come with one already?? Any help would be appreciated, thanks guys/girls
forget the spring - unrelated. **** will fit, but may or may not come off easily in 2nd - i never had a problem. - if you do get a replacement htat is weighted - you will like the weight as it helps it into gear. MOdern has a good one for 50$

Old 02-09-2006, 08:03 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

You also might want to put a little Permatex Hylomar HPF gasket dressing on the BOV gasket when you put it in. It'll help to prevent leaks. Fussing with your BOV isn't anyone's idea of a fun time.....

Dusty

Old 02-09-2006, 09:37 PM
LilSparkPlug
Champion

ORIGINAL: dustyloins

You also might want to put a little Permatex Hylomar HPF gasket dressing on the BOV gasket when you put it in. It'll help to prevent leaks. Fussing with your BOV isn't anyone's idea of a fun time.....

Dusty
x2 I agree wholeheartedly forgot about that one

Old 02-10-2006, 07:46 PM
MikeyLittle
Professional

thanks you guys/girls been a real help, i get everything in in about 3-5 days and ill def. let ya know how things turn out

Old 02-10-2006, 09:02 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Sounds good!

Dusty