Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Tell me if this is a good deal PLZ!

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 07:44 PM
Osmosis_joet
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tell me if this is a good deal PLZ!

Hey,
Ive been looking at buying a SRT-4 for quite some time and now i think i finally found one that seems worth it. let me know what u think.
Mods: Stage 2 w/o toys, AGP .50 trim, RC 750cc's, Walbro 255, CF clutch, Apexi: SAFC II, AVC-R, and TT. CCA FMIC, FM 3" turbo back, JMB Ultimate CAI, JMB UPP & LPP,Catch-can, tranny cover, PC head and ported manifold, plug wire shield, LFS 60mm TB, HKS SSQ BOV, Mopar STS, AGP Dogbones motor mounts, Goldline springs, "M" badge, Magnecor 8.5mm wires, 180 T-Stat, 18"Sylvania Silverstars. Lunar 30 to 30 boost guage, and a Lunar 1600 EGT guage.

The car has 53k miles And he is like 30 min. from me and It's dyno run was 393 whp 383wtq.
He only wants $12k for it even. let me know what u think,

Personally i think its a good deal and im gonna talk to my bank about a loan real soon. Thx and let me know .

Old 09-06-2006, 08:06 PM
flamingpinhead
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Default RE: Tell me if this is a good deal PLZ!

seems a good deal, considering it has some decent mods. the only care i would take is getting to know the car abit. mainly that the installs were done right and not causing damage. i would have someone who is knowledgable about aftermarket modding look it over to make sure there arent any 'ghetto' mods that would cause long term problems.

Old 09-07-2006, 04:17 AM
PSI Chick
Champion

if he only wants 12k for it he probably screwed something up, i would be very careful with this.......

Old 09-07-2006, 04:58 AM
LilSparkPlug
Champion

Well alot of people are coming down in price because they just can't seem to sell them private party. I would still have someone local to you, who knows alot about the car to check everything out before buying it. But don't scratch it off because of the price, maybe he's simply having a hard time getting rid of it, and needs the money ASAP.

Old 09-07-2006, 02:31 PM
PSI Chick
Champion

stock srt's are going for 16-17k around here, so 12k makes me think that something is very wrong.....

Old 09-07-2006, 06:22 PM
flamingpinhead
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

although its true that modded cars are many times less valuable simply because of the damage that can be caused, and some ppl consider having mods to mean that the car was abused

Old 09-07-2006, 07:19 PM
LilSparkPlug
Champion

PSIChick I'm just going by what I've seen the modded ones listed at online by Private Party. So much lower than the ones at dealers. The private party factor has alot to do with it too.

Old 09-07-2006, 09:08 PM
Osmosis_joet

Ok well here's the scoop the "he" is actually a "she" and shes 29 and going to get a bigger vehicle and she only owes like 4k on the car and just trying to get some of her money she put in back. She is in st. louis and i'm going to go take a look at it this weekend. She was originally selling it for $14,500 but cannot seem to get it so she said since i was first to call her for it she would just knock it down to 12k to get it gone. She's putting a down payment on a acura when she sells the car. Thats what i got out of it when i talked to her today. She has many of the receipts she said but not all due to the fact she is not very organized.................

Old 09-07-2006, 09:27 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

She's not very "organized"!?!?!? Man, with all that stuff on her car, she'd better be organized, not to mention know a heck of alot about cars. Something tells me a boyfriend/husband did most of the work and driving of the car. I'd be asking some specific questions about where she got the parts for the mods and who installed them, how much they cost, etc. If she fumbles on the answers, she's probably selling it for someone else. Even if she isn't would you REALLY want to buy a car like that from someone who may not know what the mods were all about?

Also, going from a Dodge SRT-4 to an Acura is one heck of a change in automobile "taste"......but then, she IS a female. (All DF females ignore that comment!!!!)

Dusty

Old 09-07-2006, 09:35 PM
flamingpinhead
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

haha, maybe they are getting a divorce and hubby's car is in her name and needs to go bye-bye

Quick Reply: Tell me if this is a good deal PLZ!