Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

coil pack

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 09:12 PM
aiverson
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default coil pack

Hi, I new to the forum. I just pick up a 2004 srt. it had 15900 miles on her. i have noticed the car has some mods on her. I have attached a picture of the engine. I would like to know if anyone knows if the coil pack is a stock one or a mod? I also have a cel light on, the code read p0304(misfire on cylinder #4). I can feel it missfire when I'm on it hard, about 10psi. I'm thinking injector or plug or pack. it's still under warranty so I will be turning it in but would like to know if anyone has any ideas. thanks

tony

Old 12-17-2006, 11:41 PM
PSI Chick
Champion
Default RE: coil pack

that's the msd coil pack. take it off and put on the stock one. then change your plugs and wires and you should be good.

Old 12-17-2006, 11:53 PM
aiverson

I do not have the stock pack, I got it from the dealer this way. I'm going to turn it in at a dodge dealer, will this void the warranty because it's not mopar? i was told the three year warranty is still good. also was told it has the 7 year 70,000 mile warranty also. what if it is not the pack, how about an injector?

Old 12-17-2006, 11:57 PM
PSI Chick
Champion

they're not gonna void the warranty but they're not gonna replace an aftermarket part for you even if you did get it from them that way. it could be an injector, but start with the simple stuff, like plugs and wires first.

Old 12-18-2006, 12:16 AM
aiverson

I'll let them take a look atit and let them determind what it is. the plugs is what I would have started with.thanks for the help. this is a great forum for someone that is new to the SRT-4.

Old 12-19-2006, 12:40 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Replace the stock plug wires with the MSD plug wires, you probably have a fried #4 plug wire which is common on the straight booted #4 wires. The MSD's all have 90 degree bends, theyare far more heat resistantand will supply far more spark energy to the plugs increasing performance and fuel mileage.

Old 12-20-2006, 12:11 PM
aiverson

Update: took my car to the dealer and as I pulled into the dealers garage the cel turned off. they could not find anything wrong with it. I have been driving it since then with no problems. I went ahead and changed plugs to ngk 4306 and wires as well. I believe the problem was bad gas. When I picked it up, I filled the gas tank from a unknow gas station/party store, it was the nearest one around and I was almost empty(thanks to the dealer who didn't fill'er up for me). I have been using sunco 93 from my local station and have had not problems.

Tony

Old 02-15-2009, 09:02 PM
phiklack

I have an 05 srt4 and it feels like a cylinder losses all power during a 40 mph pull in 4th gear at around 10 psi boost. I have recently replaced plugs with champion plat. power and also put the Granatelli spark plug wires and it still happens. It doesn't miss every time but often enough to drive me nutts. The only mods I have is Mopar BOV conversion, Cold Air Intake, Greddy Oil Catch Can, and I replaced the two resinators with staight piping. Also during the manny times the miss happens no Check Engine Light came on.

Old 02-16-2009, 04:15 PM
phiklack
Exclamation Fuel Pressure

A buddy at work talked to a guy he know that works at a dodge dealership. This guy says it sounds like a fuel pressure problem and that alot of the srt4s have been having fuel presure problems. any advise, please. Or do I just need to shell out the money and take it to a dealership? Thanks to all.

Old 02-18-2009, 09:41 AM
PSI Chick
Champion

i'd love to know where all these srts are that are having fuel pressure problems, because that tech is talking out his *** lol. there's no fuel pressure issue on these cars.

could still be blow out. get those pos champions out of there and throw in ngk's or denso's and gap them properly and see how she does.

Quick Reply: coil pack