New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Old motorhead new to the forum.

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 10:14 PM
knurl
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Old motorhead new to the forum.

Hi Moparheads!

My Major history is as follows.

I cut my teeth back in Buffalo in '74 on a '68 307 Impala - replaced Powerglide(Powerslide?) and '69 350 LeSabre hardtop - valve job. Since then, a '68 302 Montego MX hardtop coupe (with disk brakes!) - added a 4bbl (1980), '74 350 Cutlass S - TC & pump on Turbo 350 (1982), '69 318 Coronet 440 4door from a Navy buddy from Durham NC in '86- added a Crane Max Velocity cam, manifold & 4bbl from a 340, distributor/electronic ignition/isolated field alternator from a '73 (or '74?) 318 Roadrunner (1987), '91 4.3 Corsica - connecting rod bearing went & it died in Phoenix in '02, '89 Corolla that was stolen & messed up by some really nasty people - resurrected but left in Phoenix in March this year, '96 5.2 (Injected 318!!!!!) Ram1500 Laramie SLT purchased in Phoenix 9/2007 - fuel pump, ECM & aftermarket "flash", O2 sensors, vacuum lines 180 thermostat, '00 or '01 3.5 Intrepid w/ECM flash and Magnaflow exhaust w/headers - entire cooling system, injector o-rings, leaky plenum. All brake system parts (especially lines in Buffalo - winter salt), tie rod ends, shocks/struts, tune up, carb rebuild, CV and U joints, assorted electrical and other stuff on all as needed.

The RAM came with me to West Palm Beach when the company I work for relocated. They paid to have it shipped and I flew over. I wish I'd taken pictures of them driving my truck onto a semi trailer which had all the other stuffwe were sending to Florida from Arizona. No,it's not a big buck position or anything. It's just thatI have the knowledge of how the company is set up and how it works, and they had to have it set up andworking very quickly after the move.

The current situation is this. The Ram's previous owner was a fool who got it "washed" when trying to ford a flash flood. Maricopa County, AZnailed him real good under"The Stupid Motorist Law" because they had to rescue the idiot. The water was up to the seats!!! He paid a ton for remedial engine and electrical problems as well as having the interior cleaned. Everything is fine, except I still need to replace the cruise control module (no problem when I have the cash), I need to figure the best way to get at and replace the distributor cap and rotor, and the 4 speed automatic's TC is getting noisy.

I'm really a newbie on the RAM and need a little advice.

What is the best wat to do the distributor cap and are there any tricks or anythingIshould knowbefore Idrop the tranny? I finally have time to look through the posts and will do so, adding what I can, but but I'm thinknig that a short response to this post should suffice, if anyone has time.

Thanks Much,

Dave

[IMG]local://upfiles/74625/ABD6297D076D4AAB86761ACE2640A511.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/74625/E5946C7D8F0D4AD2AA0A42F588AD8AF6.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-31-2008, 11:27 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member
Default RE: Old motorhead new to the forum.

Welcome to Dodge Forum, Dave!! Enjoy the site!!

Dusty

Old 06-01-2008, 07:40 AM
The Peddler
Record Breaker
Default RE: Old motorhead new to the forum.

Welcome to the forum!

Quick Reply: Old motorhead new to the forum.