New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Hi there

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 02:19 PM
jessew
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Hi there

My names Jesse, I'm 15(yep, I'm a car nut and not even old enough to drive) and in short I'm a big dodge fan. I went to the mopar nationals last year and I'm definitely going again this year. Our family owns a few dodges, both my uncle and cousin have second generation dodge rams, cousin has the 318 and my uncle has the 3.9 V6. Last weekend me and my dad went and checked out an old dodge pickup(He wants to buy me my first car so we can work on it together). It's for sale at a mechanics shop. They want $1000 for it. It's a 1985 dodge ram 150 royal se from what i can see on the side. My dad got the money and we're going to get it this weekend. It says that the front drag link needs repaired and the carb needs adjusted, a little work but it'll still help me learn. It has the 318 5.2 V8 in it (does anyone know the horsepower for it?) I'll post pictures of it when we get it, before and after pics).

Old 04-08-2009, 02:24 PM
99Ram1500sport
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

welcome
i dont know how much the horsepower will very from year to year, but my 99 5.2 is supposed to put out somewhere between 210-220 so i would assume around there for your truck.

Old 04-08-2009, 03:41 PM
jessew
Default thanks

i was thinking it ought to be close to that, it is carb so it might be a little different

Old 04-09-2009, 09:50 AM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Welcome to DF jesse! Sounds like you found a project I would guess its not over 210, maybe less just because of technology. Its a good guess though Have fun with the truck and enjoy the site

Old 04-09-2009, 09:58 AM
jessew
Default yep

Originally Posted by lghtngblt02
Welcome to DF jesse! Sounds like you found a project I would guess its not over 210, maybe less just because of technology. Its a good guess though Have fun with the truck and enjoy the site

me and my dad plan to take it to the mopar nationals this year, it won't be finished by then but at least we'll be able to get in, if he drove his F-150 in there it'd be keyed and destroyed by the time we got back, next year it'll be done though, i gotta find a place to steam clean the motor, maybe get a chrome kit for the motor, get it looking nice, the only thing i'll change on the interior is the radio, it's one of those ones that you can take the face plate off so it won't work in the case of it getting stolen and it's missing that plate, so i gotta get a new one (i gotta listen to ac/dc and disturbed, my 2 favorite bands) and it only has 75, 796 miles on it, not bad for it being that old.