New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

New to DF: 93 Shadow ES 2.5 I4

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 05:12 PM
Shotty_007
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to DF: 93 Shadow ES 2.5 I4

Hey everyone, i just got given a 93 Shadow ES (4 dr) with the 2.5L I4. It was kinda a b-day present from a friend who got a new car. The cars runs great, starts everytime but there is some body and cosmetic work that needs to be done. I am really mechanically inclined and have worked on all my friends cars but this is my first car (spent to much travelling). It has had all of its life-liquids changed (tranny, brakes, oil), new oil filter and a good washing. I will put some pics up soon and i will be creating a website to track the restoration and improvements....

If anyone can help or give any tips/tricks, it would be great fully appreciated. This is what i would like to fix in the coming weeks:

1.) Back passenger door lock is wedged into locking postion, cannot open the door; wondering if the door skin can be removed while the door is still closed?

2.) Driver door power window worked when i got it, then i went to close and window stayed but the lever that raises the window came up and between the inside door panel and window pushing the door skin out about an inch. Any suggestions to fix? i was think of removing the door panel and seeing whats up, justs wanted any tips on what to look for, etc. before i started the work.

3.) I've read some of the forums here and elsewhere and have gotten mixed reviews on both the K&N filter and removing the air intake hose to give a bit better fuel efficiency and HP? discussion anyone?

4.) The paint is chipped and faded in some areas, any way to restore without a new paint job? it doesn't have to look like a show car, just better than now (which isn't bad cause hey, the car was free).

Other than that, i look forward to many future posts here,
cheers,

Old 05-05-2005, 06:29 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New to DF: 93 Shadow ES 2.5 I4

Welcome to DF. We have a section for K-cars and Daytona/Lasers. You can probably find some answers there if you ask. Good luck.

Old 05-05-2005, 07:18 PM
Shotty_007

thanx for the quick response, will post there,
cheers

Old 05-06-2005, 11:33 PM
Vader
Champion

Welcome aboard, enjoy the site.