New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Newbie Looking to get either SRT10 or 09+ Ram 5.7 Help?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 09:45 AM
MiloSrq
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie Looking to get either SRT10 or 09+ Ram 5.7 Help?

Well, I'm new to this forum. I've been lurking around it and multiple other dodge/SRT10 forums for a bit now.

I'm looking to get back into a truck (this is not my first truck purchase - I've had a few). The SRT10 SC really caught my eye first. I know the clutch can create issues with towing - but that can be upgraded and I've read enough from people that do tow with it that I'd feel comfortable towing lightly.

On the SRT10 I see the pros and cons as this:

SRT10 Pros: Looks, Speed, Handling, Braking

SRT10 Cons: Gas Mileage, Limited Towing ability, Maintenance of 10 cylinders

I'm also considering the new 2009-2010 Ram 5.7. Seems like a great new truck design.

On the New Dodge here's the Pros & cons as I see them (in comparison to the SRT10):

New Ram Pros: Looks, Fantastic coil rear suspension, Options, Gas mileage, still powerful at 390hp, can tow a trailer and a car filled with clowns

New Ram Cons: Not as fast as the SRT10, Big engine doesn't have the option of a 6 speed manual. Doesn't handle as well, nor stop as fast as the SRT10

These are again just opinion things I've picked up lurking around.

I'd really appreciate Your Opinions on the Pros/Cons of these two trucks.. Which one you would choose and why.

Keep in mind - I'm not married, no kids. I have a lovely girl and she's simply pissed I'm going to get a truck again - But I'm also in the market for a house later this year and I'm going to get a "fixer upper" I work on cars and Bikes, and I'm tired of borrowing someones truck every time I have to move or work on something.

Thank you all for your insight...
Milo

Old 05-05-2010, 12:05 PM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the site,
FF

Quick Reply: Newbie Looking to get either SRT10 or 09+ Ram 5.7 Help?