New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Just got a dakota sport... got tired of speedbumps with my showcar...

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2005, 07:32 PM
InspiredCreations5.9
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got a dakota sport... got tired of speedbumps with my showcar...

Me: im 20, work as a Lumber Sales Associate for Lowes. I was the guy in that little import that suprised everyone, until i sold it and bought this truck. Im attending a school called Penntech in williamsport for autobody.

My truck is a 97 Dakota Sport, red, 5spd.
In excelent condition & only 1 other owner. Dont know the mileage due to the digital odometer readout not working. But the guys said the last time he knew it only had. 75,***mi.

My plans...

EXTERIOR: While at school this truck will be my project car...and will be getting either the Cervinis or the Xenon Full body kit, and it will be resprayed either emerald green w/ flake...or an electric blue with flake.

ENGINE: 1 or 2 things...depending on how much money i have at the time... either just a 5.9swap or a 5.9 motor with a S/C. Then a custom dual side exit exhaust with no cats or resonators.... I'm moving to an area with no emissions testing needed.

INTERIOR: may take out the bench style seats and install my 2 racing seats ive had for a few years.

SUSPENSION: Belt tech suspension.. 2" & 4" drop.

See you guys around.... Oh and i'll post pictures of my truck and my old car, as soon as i find them.

later.
-Brett

Old 06-22-2005, 10:48 PM
ViperGTS
Banned
Default RE: Just got a dakota sport... got tired of speedbumps with my showcar...

Enjoy the site Brett. Glad you dumped the import and went with a truck. I'm sure it's useful with your job as well =) Welcome!

-Matt-

Old 06-22-2005, 10:57 PM
ramfan5.9
Hall Of Fame
Default RE: Just got a dakota sport... got tired of speedbumps with my showcar...

welcome to DF, speed bumps ar more fun with a truck

that truck will fly if you put a blown 5.9 in it lol

Old 07-04-2005, 05:22 AM
InspiredCreations5.9
Professional

thanks.... i just moved in to my temp house till my house is done ... ill try to get up some pictures...soon. later

Old 07-06-2005, 12:55 AM
Daksport1pa
Banned

Welcome to DF. You're gonna love your Dakota. I don't suppose you live in PA. Just an observation.

Old 07-15-2005, 12:32 PM
InspiredCreations5.9
Professional

def do live in Pa... I now live in Northumberland...used to live 10 mins from allentown... in a little place called Quakertown. where about you located, sharp truck by the way. My dad just got a similar one. A 02' quadcab v6 in black....

later

Old 07-15-2005, 05:24 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to Dodge Forum. I'm originally from Eighty-Four, PA., which is the opposite side of the state from you.

Old 07-18-2005, 01:47 AM
InspiredCreations5.9
Professional

theres a town or city called 84? that blows my mind.

Quick Reply: Just got a dakota sport... got tired of speedbumps with my showcar...