New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Hi guys new to forum but my truck is in major trouble

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 09:46 PM
topgunram
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi guys new to forum but my truck is in major trouble

Hi guys new to this forum but have been a member on lxforums.com for almost 3 years now. a little about myself. Im in the navy, im an E5 aviation structural mechanic. im also a licensed body technician(although been out of this line of work for about 9 years now). I am a huge dodge fan. my current vehicles consist of a 2006 Dodge charger sxt (mine but my wife has the the longer drive and its cheaper on gas) 1998 dodge ram 1500 ext. cab (my daily driver/ dog hauler), 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee (mine but my sister is making the payments and currently driving it back home in michigan) and the only non dodge vehicle in the line up is my project car/ garage queen 1969 buick skylark custom with a buick 350/ four barrel.

I am currently stationed out in Fallon NV hence the name TopgunRam. fallon is the navies new location for its top gun fighter weapons school.

So i was wheeling yesterday and this is what brings me to the forum. driving along a dirt road that follows a irrigation canal or creek when i come to a sections that is washed out for about 20/30 feet. i park the truck and walk out into the water and find a good lane. deepest part is only about 8 inches deep. feels solid enough like packed sand( what the road consisted of) thought to myself no big deel ill make it accross this. get going doing maybe 10/15 miles an hour whe poof! section of the road gives way under the weight of the truck. needless to say the truck slide down into said creek. my left tires were still on the road but the truck was sitting at atleast a 30/35 degree angle and the whole engine was submerged in water for about6/8 hours before some buddies were finally able to winch me out. water got in the cab and everything. so finally got it home, stilll havent tried to start it. there was a little bit of water on the top of the butterflies in the throttle body today when i pulles my intake off. some water sitting on top of my sparkplugs(dont know if it intruded into the engine from there or the intake). but when i drained the oil today the first thing to come out was 10-15 seconds worth of water sitting in the oil pan. letting it drip dry over night, have the spark plug wires disconected so that the water sitting on top of the spark plugs dry have the windows wide open. have purchased most of the fluids to be swapped out but my question is whether i need to do anything more to the motor or not. im not a mechanic and dont know the first thing about engines more then what i have already done. my wife just bought me this truck in january and just started making payments on it. please tell me i didnt fruck it up beyond all recognition.

cheers and thanks for reading

Old 06-27-2011, 07:40 AM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the site,
FF

Old 06-27-2011, 12:45 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to Dodge Forum!! Enjoy the site!!

Dusty

Quick Reply: Hi guys new to forum but my truck is in major trouble