New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

No 1st Gear

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 03:07 PM
Randy_Man
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No 1st Gear

I just had a catalytic converter installed on my 99 Ram 1500. The previous owner had it removed....

When I picked up the truck I had no 1st gear. It starts out in 2nd, shifts fine to 3rd and OD. I crawled under and saw that the rear O2 sensor had to be relocated to fit into the new cat. I assume the tech at the muffler shop pulled on the wire harness, which affected the harness going to the transmission. I've read quite a bit about a governor pressure sensor and solenoid that go bad.

Is it possible that this is external, a wire or harness that got pulled, broke a wire, unplugged a wire, something like that? If so, can anyone tell me where the connectors are and what pin in the connector goes to the sensor and or solenoid?
Thanks
Randy_Man

Just realized I may have posted this in the wrong area, but don't know how to move it. Sorry...

Last edited by Randy_Man; 09-17-2012 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Wrong area
Old 09-25-2012, 12:10 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Welcome to DF
I can move your post, but i need to see if you already posted in the 2nd Gen Ram section. I did see you posted in the ram section. So i will not move your post.

Last edited by master tech; 09-25-2012 at 12:16 AM.

Quick Reply: No 1st Gear