New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

I need some advise

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2013, 02:24 PM
FALaholic
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need some advise

So me and the wife went to a local Dodge dealer to buy an 2008 Ford FX4 but I think they wanted too much for the truck that had those awful noisy cam phasers.

The salesman offered a test drive in a 2009 fairly loaded Quad Cab 4x4 and I was highly impressed. Never owned a Dodge product or truck, but man was I impressed! Even the wife was impressed which is tough to do.

Now here is the dilemma: The Sport that I was looking at is a 2009 with 99100 miles on it. and they wont budge from $20,788 out the door. The one I test drove only has 54000 miles on it but they wont budge from $24600 + tax tag etc.

Is that Sport worth it with that high a mileage? It it a one owner very clean.

Old 09-27-2013, 02:51 PM
Rvinyl

Wait a second? I'm confused...you went to the Dodge dealer to buy a Ford?

Old 09-27-2013, 03:19 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by FALaholic
So me and the wife went to a local Dodge dealer to buy an 2008 Ford FX4 but I think they wanted too much for the truck that had those awful noisy cam phasers.

The salesman offered a test drive in a 2009 fairly loaded Quad Cab 4x4 and I was highly impressed. Never owned a Dodge product or truck, but man was I impressed! Even the wife was impressed which is tough to do.

Now here is the dilemma: The Sport that I was looking at is a 2009 with 99100 miles on it. and they wont budge from $20,788 out the door. The one I test drove only has 54000 miles on it but they wont budge from $24600 + tax tag etc.

Welcome to DF! Need a little more info. Your location (makes a big difference in used car prices), options of the truck (you say it's a Sport, but there should also be ST/SLT/Laaramie trim levels), engine size, etc. For comparison, go to KBB to see estimated retail prices, or search autotrader/carmax for the same vehicle and see what they are selling for.

Old 09-27-2013, 04:12 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

2009 was a good year. Welcome to Dodge Forum! Head over to the 4th Generation section.

Old 09-27-2013, 08:46 PM
FALaholic

The truck I believe is Laramie trim with the 5.7. It does have the nicer touch screen stereo (Sirius). The mileage is what has me concerned. Kbb and nada put the price at $21-22k. Here is the link: http://www.31dodge.com/used/Dodge/20...0390e094a4.htm. one owner according to carfax

Old 09-27-2013, 09:43 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin

The truck I believe is Laramie trim with the 5.7. It does have the nicer touch screen stereo (Sirius). The mileage is what has me concerned. Kbb and nada put the price at $21-22k. Here is the link: http://www.31dodge.com/used/Dodge/20...0390e094a4.htm. one owner according to carfax
You're in Kernersville? Thats about the right price for that truck. Heck of a lot of miles for a 4 year old truck though. I'd make sure the maintenance was kept up. Personally I would never pay that much money for a vehicle with practically 100,000 miles. It would probably last forever as long as the maintenance was done properly during the first 100k.

Old 09-28-2013, 10:26 AM
FALaholic

Originally Posted by jkeaton
You're in Kernersville? Thats about the right price for that truck. Heck of a lot of miles for a 4 year old truck though. I'd make sure the maintenance was kept up. Personally I would never pay that much money for a vehicle with practically 100,000 miles. It would probably last forever as long as the maintenance was done properly during the first 100k.
Greensboro actually. I think I will let it go. As good as the reviews are there are parts that simply just wear out at that mileage point on a vehicle. Man it sure was sharp though.

Old 10-01-2013, 03:58 PM
Jay_Crown

With all the factory rebates you can get a brand new truck for just a couple thousand more!

Which will include a 100k powertrain warranty

Old 10-01-2013, 06:19 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin

Greensboro actually. I think I will let it go. As good as the reviews are there are parts that simply just wear out at that mileage point on a vehicle. Man it sure was sharp though.
I'm in Winston, work in high point, off 68 between 40 and 311. Let me know if you want to turn some wrenches sometime. I see you got a K1500.....ooops...this is a Dodge Forum...

/on topic (bad moderator, bad)

Last edited by jkeaton; 10-01-2013 at 06:27 PM.
Old 10-02-2013, 06:53 AM
FALaholic

Well looks like the old Stepside is getting ready to be sold. After I cleaned it up I went around the block to get the rest of the residual water off....gonna miss that truck.

Quick Reply: I need some advise