New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Want my Dodge to last forever but have problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2014, 12:59 PM
Vanfan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want my Dodge to last forever but have problems

I have a 2008 Dodge Caravan that is very good running condition. I have three problems that aren't connected.
1. The passenger side back door won't unlock with the key fob. It has to be unlocked manually but then it will slide open or shut with the key fob.
2. My front lights don't blink when I unlock my doors anymore. Several vans were in a parking lot once and since my spouse parked mine, I didn't know where it was. I kept pushing the unlock button so I could find it without walking to the wrong one but the lights would not blink. I had to push the panic button.
3. My windshield wipers were frozen to the window and I thought I had the wipers turned off but didn't. After I got the ice off, they worked. But now they don't do intermittent; when first turn on, the raise up and stop and I have to turn them off and back on; and lastly it takes two or three tries to get them to go down all the way into the proper position.

I love this van. It has low mileage and I want to keep it as long as possible. Does anyone have any ideas before we go to an expensive garage which we can't afford.

Old 03-14-2014, 02:04 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

1) Get that door harness recall looked at. If it has already been done, get them to recheck it. I would say the actuator for the lock is bad, BUT they will typically jam up inside. So it COULD be a wiring problem.

2) Do the tail lights blink? Check while doing lock/unlock, sliding doors and hatch from the remote.

3) There is a high resistance in the Park Sense circuit, either in the motor or in the wiring. Possibly even TIPM. It IS possible you could have overheated something inside the TIPM. I would have to see some data on a scan tool to know for sure. Everything's a request signal these days rather than actually sending current manually.

And....Welcome to Dodge Forum. Hang around a while.

Last edited by TNtech; 03-14-2014 at 02:09 PM.
Old 03-15-2014, 08:17 AM
Vanfan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The lights blink when unlocking or opening the sliding doors. Everything works as normal except when I unlock the doors. (except that one door that won't unlock. If it is left unlocked, it will open and the lights blink. I forgot to mention that it also has to be locked manually). The lights stay on for a while after I get out of the van the way they are supposed to.

Quick Reply: Want my Dodge to last forever but have problems