New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Good morning, All

Old 09-12-2014, 07:43 AM
Wolfwhistle
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Good morning, All

I'm interested in improving aspects of my Ram; a 2012, 2500, SLT, Crew, short bed, 2WD, Allison, CTD, 4.10:1, about 14K miles... bone stock drive-train.

Its my daily plus I pull a Hyperlite 29HFS at about 9000#. Even stock it is a joy to pull with such a capable truck. I have taken 2 trips at about 5K miles, but probably will only pull the TH about 1K a year.

Only mods are Rhino liner, oval tube side steps (which I have lit up with LED strip), towing mirrors, and I have cameras on both ends.

With the price of diesel higher than when I was planning to buy and not happy that it is, I am interested in improving MPG while not towing and especially would like to reduce or eliminate the regen cycle. I really don't want more power, but if making improvements gets me more, I will understand.

I would like to swap out the 4:10 or install taller tires, if it makes sense to do and possibly a tuner and FASS system. I have a S&B air cleaner ordered since my original filter is crying.

I read that with the addition of a alcohol/water injection system (and the other mods) regen is nearly eliminated; even keeping the DPFs. I want to hear from those who are of like mind and have real world experience.

Old 09-12-2014, 08:04 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Welcome to the forum. Post up in the 4th gen Ram section . Those folks there can help you out.

Old 09-12-2014, 08:22 AM
Wolfwhistle
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jkeaton
Welcome to the forum. Post up in the 4th gen Ram section . Those folks there can help you out.
Thanks J... I just did. Wolf

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Good morning, All