DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/new-member-area-11/)
-   -   New Ram Owner from Smyrna, GA (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/new-member-area/380037-new-ram-owner-from-smyrna-ga.html)

Bamabrat 09-30-2014 12:48 PM

New Ram Owner from Smyrna, GA

I just purchased a truck to haul my motorcycle and lawn mowers (1 push / 1 riding). It's a 1999 Ram 1500 Laramie 5.2L 2wd quad cab. My wife and I already have a 2012 Dodge Journey SXT V6 and love it, so I knew I couldn't go wrong with another Dodge. We live in Smyrna, GA...known for 2 things...the place where Julia Roberts is from, and the new location for the Braves stadium. that's it...I'm out of great and wonderful stories about Smyrna.

I'm not new to forums. I regularly post on 2 different bike forums. I ride a 2001 Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad 1500 carbed version, and do all of the maintenance myself. I've never done a lot of vehicle maintenance, but I'm hoping to pick up on it as quickly as I did with my motorcycle. I like to tinker and fix things myself.

I do all of my lawn mower and pressure washer maintenance as well. I have a 2009 Bolens push mower and a 2014 Crafstsman T3200 riding mower.

I have a wife, a 3-yr old daughter, and a 1-yr old son. My daughter has always loved my bike, but since I brought the truck home, she constantly wants to be in the driver's seat pretending to drive. I fear I'm going to have it rough when this one gets older. She's a daddy's girl, and like bikes, trucks, and tattoos. :icon_woot:

Anyway, I appreciate all the help i can get. I want to be able to fix any problems that arise with our Journey and Ram. Right now there is a grinding sound on my Ram when I press the gas pedal. I posted on a 2-yr old thread a few mins ago about my problem. Hopefully between the forum and the Haynes Manual I just ordered, I can address it quickly.

Jason (aka Bamabrat)

jkeaton 09-30-2014 03:19 PM

Welcome to the forum! Be sure to check out the 2nd gen Ram section.

DodgeCares 10-03-2014 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Bamabrat (Post 3199029)
I just purchased a truck to haul my motorcycle and lawn mowers (1 push / 1 riding). It's a 1999 Ram 1500 Laramie 5.2L 2wd quad cab. My wife and I already have a 2012 Dodge Journey SXT V6 and love it, so I knew I couldn't go wrong with another Dodge. We live in Smyrna, GA...known for 2 things...the place where Julia Roberts is from, and the new location for the Braves stadium. that's it...I'm out of great and wonderful stories about Smyrna.

I'm not new to forums. I regularly post on 2 different bike forums. I ride a 2001 Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad 1500 carbed version, and do all of the maintenance myself. I've never done a lot of vehicle maintenance, but I'm hoping to pick up on it as quickly as I did with my motorcycle. I like to tinker and fix things myself.

I do all of my lawn mower and pressure washer maintenance as well. I have a 2009 Bolens push mower and a 2014 Crafstsman T3200 riding mower.

I have a wife, a 3-yr old daughter, and a 1-yr old son. My daughter has always loved my bike, but since I brought the truck home, she constantly wants to be in the driver's seat pretending to drive. I fear I'm going to have it rough when this one gets older. She's a daddy's girl, and like bikes, trucks, and tattoos. :icon_woot:

Anyway, I appreciate all the help i can get. I want to be able to fix any problems that arise with our Journey and Ram. Right now there is a grinding sound on my Ram when I press the gas pedal. I posted on a 2-yr old thread a few mins ago about my problem. Hopefully between the forum and the Haynes Manual I just ordered, I can address it quickly.

Jason (aka Bamabrat)

Welcome as well.