New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

I love my truck

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 07:28 PM
Jims5543
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I love my truck

I just signed up so I could sell my topper. I have not needed to join a forum for this truck because it has been problem free for 50K miles. I just poked around here and think I will continue to read around, good stuff.

I use my Dakota for towing my RX-7 to motorsports events. I have towed the RX-7 all the way to Indianapolis and back overa long weekend for a big Rotary event. Problem free. This truck rocks!! It even held its own on I-75 through the Tenessee mountains.

My dad borrowed it a week ago and didn't want to give it back and offered to buy it from me. No way! This truck is a do all, we just completed a family trip to the NC mountains house shopping and got 18 MPG with it doing 80+ MPH most of the time on the interstate.

My only mods to the truck have been to the front brakes I added power slots and hawke brake pads. The OEM pads were still thick after 50K miles of towing duty.

Welp, time to poke around, I have a Hypertech ECU flasher that does not like my ECU, I am going to see why.

Old 11-01-2005, 07:41 PM
MGDMike
Champion
Default RE: I love my truck

Welcome to DF!! You do SCCA racing at all?

Old 11-01-2005, 08:01 PM
Daksport1pa
Banned

Welcome to the site.

Old 11-01-2005, 11:09 PM
Jims5543

ORIGINAL: MGDMike

Welcome to DF!! You do SCCA racing at all?
Thanks!

I used to be hard core into Autocrossing. My trip from Florida to Indy was purely to throw down at at Rotoary only event. They had 1/4 mile (not my thing) AutoX and road course. http://www.rx7revolution.com/ I normally run it in B-Prepared.

I went up to see where my car would be compared to the rest of the country. I was happy to come home taking second and 1st place won by default, that broke my heart. I had beaten him by over a second but hit a damn cone after the finish line fishtailing in the rain. BTW - I was on slicks in the rain. I have since gave up AutoX and want to move on to Road Racing, I have done a bunch of DE's and have a couple more this winter along with Panoz Racing School.

I am in the process of getting my SCCA competitors license and racing in some club events. I plan on using the RX-7 we are going to put in a roll cage and all the other safety things needed to make it eligable for track racing.

Quick Reply: I love my truck