New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

New user, comes with a cranium full of fix-it...

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2015, 08:56 AM
stkt2ya
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New user, comes with a cranium full of fix-it...

Rickmn mentioned something awhile back on here (I believe that was his handle anyway). Rick is my name also actually so hi all, I'm from BC and this my first post. Anyhow, Rick pretty much nailed a repetitive sluggish window motor issue bang on I'm guessing in a thread about window switches and stuff. Coming from an all things electrical background (and a real serious need to fix EVERYTHING), I am all too aware of how important a good grounding is throughout a vehicle. Most really have no idea how much grief they find themselves in, and all because of a bad ground.

I have 4 separate lines from my battery ground to various locations on my Jeep, plus another super sized one for the sub amp and, I have no motors (wiper, window etc.), lighting or other relied upon electrical device issues in my vehicles. Always more alternator than you need and at the very least, good clean factory grounding on your vehicles. Oh, and I'm a frequent purchaser of dielectric grease, the stuff's gold to me. Use it...

When it comes to the doors, well, I'm not a fan of wires running through a rubber boot to get back and forth. It is a guaranteed and imminent failure to at least some degree, it just depends on how many times that door will open and close until that point. I'm sure you have all took a piece of metal of some kind and bent it back and forth until it broke. Well, I'm sure my feelings on that point are made there. I've liked the contact point system they began using a few years back, I think mostly brought about from necessity with the sliding door minivan thing, not really sure though.

I'm looking into doing a similar custom contact point install system on my nephews 56' Chevy pickup, it would make for a pretty slick look but will too help me eliminate some wire mess and such. At least with the doors but who knows where my brain will allow me to stop...

OK, I think I'll shut up now. Umm. Well my first post was an odd one maybe but I hope someone reads it and it clicks in, and helps, as I'm sure it will. I'm full of ideas and always willing to help, getting my time however can be difficult (I'm always fixing someone else's stuff too

Cheers,
Rick (ya eh): 1968 Tall Caucasian. Good guy.
Ride Now: 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee. i-6 (best engine ever)
Ride Last: '05 Durango. Hemi. Beast.

Last edited by stkt2ya; 08-20-2015 at 09:00 AM.
Old 08-20-2015, 09:51 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Well, all I can say is welcome!

Old 08-24-2015, 07:37 AM
michaeltrooy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

welcome to the forum

Quick Reply: New user, comes with a cranium full of fix-it...