DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/new-member-area-11/)
-   -   Newbie here. (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/new-member-area/40633-newbie-here.html)

CarputerGeek 11-23-2005 02:22 PM

Newbie here.

Hi, I'm Richard. Just joined the forums.
I only drive a 95 Concorde...lame car, but I do have a cool entertainment system. (I think). It's a carputer. It runs Win XP on it, Navigation, XM Radio, Rear view camera, all my mp3's (12Gigs) and more. (working on adding Bluetooth phone now)
Wanted to get you guys thoughts on this, and see if anybody else here has done this?
I'll go search now :)

Dodgegirl19 11-23-2005 02:59 PM

RE: Newbie here.

Wow... that sounds like one hell of a set up!! Got any pics?

~Amanda

CarputerGeek 11-23-2005 07:06 PM

ORIGINAL: Dodgegirl19

Wow... that sounds like one hell of a set up!! Got any pics?

~Amanda
Well, not too proud of mine...here, not finished, maybe some day, you know how that goes.
Also have a customers install here from down in Australia.

I checked these forums, I'm very surprised that no one is doing, or done this. Think I only saw one post.

Daksport1pa 11-23-2005 07:39 PM

Welcome to the site.

dustyloins 11-23-2005 09:21 PM

ORIGINAL: CarputerGeek

I only drive a 95 Concorde...lame car, but I do have a cool entertainment system. (I think). It's a carputer. It runs Win XP on it, Navigation, XM Radio, Rear view camera, all my mp3's (12Gigs) and more. (working on adding Bluetooth phone now)
Wanted to get you guys thoughts on this, and see if anybody else here has done this?
What, no DVD player!?!?!?!?[sm=joke.gif]

Welcome to the site!!!

Dusty

Disgorilla 11-24-2005 12:56 AM

CarputerGeek 11-24-2005 01:08 PM

ORIGINAL: dustyloins

ORIGINAL: CarputerGeek

What, no DVD player!?!?!?!?[sm=joke.gif]

Welcome to the site!!!

Dusty

Sure, you can have a DVD player. But there's some legal issues there if we install them. We really can't, but you can :)

draftingmonkey 11-25-2005 06:07 PM

Welcome to DF. This is the place to come for getting ideas, checking out other peoples rides, asking questions and sharing knowledge. Lots of good people here. Glad to have you aboard. Quite an electronics suite you have there.

ViperGTS 11-26-2005 09:19 PM

You guys keep on quoting yourselves [8D]

That does sound like a nice setup with the Windows XP and all. How much does it run cost wise for an average system?

-Matt-

CarputerGeek 11-30-2005 12:03 AM

Under $1500.00....depending on what you want, you can spend as little as a grand