New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Goodbye bowtie, hello Ram!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 02:17 PM
Dodgefan4life
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Goodbye bowtie, hello Ram!

Well, I had previously been a big fan of GM vehicles. I've been a Camaro fan since I was a little kid and who can deny the Corvette is one of THE premier sports cars out there? I've also had the pleasure of driving (not owning but hey, I've driven them...) their Impalas, the cavalier, the Malibu and, a number of the classic muscle cars they've put out. However, I wanted to buy a truck. I did some research and in the end, the Hemi powered Ram had the look and the ***** that the Chevys just can't match. Unfortunately, I couldn't afford a new one but, I found a used 03' quad cab 4X4 SLT with a Hemi and only 7500 miles for 23 G's and I jumped on it. Yeah, yeah, gas prices suck and the thing is a beast but, I didn't get it for it's economy. I got it because it's a beast! I'm looking to outfit this as an outdoor going, mud slingin', rock climbing, quad towing kinda machine. It remains stock as of yet but, I've got a few ideas. I want to get the requisite exhaust and intake, maybe throw in an ECU management program, possibly a heavy duty torque converter and, of course, a suspension lift. Mud terrain tires are another no brainer. I'm a service member currently deployed to Iraq so, all this will have to wait until I get home with a fat wad of cash garnered over the course of being deployed but, it WILL happen! I look forward to matching wits and exchanging advice and tips with other offroading Ram owners. Oh yeah, after buying the Ram, I decided I like the cut of things at dodge FAR more than any Chevy I'd previously experienced so, when the wife was looking to get a new car, I suggested a Stratus. Unfortunately, she's not so much concerned with the performance and much more concerned with the pricing so, we have a wimpy little SXT coupe with a SOHC 2.4L engine. Again, used with low miles. The car is an 04' and came with 2300 miles. It too will be receiving the once over when I get home. I don't have such high hopes for our little four banger econo-car but, I'm sure it can be given at least a little more get up and go... we'll see.

Old 06-17-2006, 05:01 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin
Default RE: Goodbye bowtie, hello Ram!

For starters, Welcome to DodgeForum!!!!! You'll be enjoying that Hemi for a while I assure you! Make sure to find your way down to our 3rd Generation section for the Ram. They'll be happy to point out the mods you'll want to check out and problems you may want to keep an eye out for.

As for the Stratus, I have the R/T coupe....and yeah...that 2.4L SXT Coupe is a joke power wise. There's some mods you can do to help it speed up...but if she isnt worried about it....then that just means you get more money to mod the Hemi! [8D]

Enjoy your stay!

Old 06-17-2006, 05:17 PM
MGDMike
Champion

Welcome to DF!! What branch are you in?

Old 06-17-2006, 05:39 PM
Daksport1pa
Banned

Welcome to the site.

Old 06-18-2006, 08:27 AM
yakkier
Banned

Welcome to DF, glad u decided to convert to Mopar!

Quick Reply: Goodbye bowtie, hello Ram!