DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/new-member-area-11/)
-   -   Hello (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/new-member-area/67203-hello.html)

CaptainPioneer 07-26-2006 07:03 PM

Hello

Ok here it goes: My name is Jay and I own a 1996 Dodge Ram 1500 V6 5SPD stick, STD Cab Dark Green. Its not fast at all and there are no mods on it but I love it. I just got over 100k miles on it and it still runs great with only one incident where the Fuel rail,cat,and serpentine had to be replaced. I put my own Tach in it since it has none... I have no Air or auto locks or power windows. Its a pure truck for real! I am a professional Car Audio installer MECP cert coming soon... So my truck has about $2,000 worth of Stereo compoents in it. I mostly forum chat on www.CarAudioCentral.net where im a respected member... hope to give whatever help I can to anyone interested in that in a MOPAR. I really really really want a new Challenger when they come out but i doubt i will be able to afford the Estimated price Tag of around $30k so i will just be driving my new car in August when i get it (2007 Camry LE V6!)

Ive been to Mopar Nationals in Columbus, Ohio last year and was probably one of the best experiences of my life... Brice Rd is amazing and is probably the only place on the planet where u will get a cop to do a brake stand for you! Well thats me glad to be here!

dustyloins 07-26-2006 11:20 PM

RE: Hello

Welcome to Dodge Forum, Jay! Enjoy!

Dusty

Jpondo5.9 07-27-2006 04:46 AM

hey welcome.. maybe you could answer this.. I want to put some sweet subs in my durango. but the problems is I want all the space I still have in it.. there is the one stelf box that they have for it with a 10 sub but I don't want to take out that center council? I heard about building our own boxes but I just want to trick out my ride with out it looking all tircked out you know.. if you have any ideas you can post them to me. that would be sweet.. but also welcome..

CaptainPioneer 07-27-2006 01:17 PM

Ok thanks for the welcome guys i appriciate it... Ok well here is the thing for u JPondo5.9... They do make a stealth box for your vehicle but I personally do not like the designs of them, they are more of a sub-standard design that limits the output, Sound, and performance of the subwoofer. First question i would have to ask you is what do you have in your Durango right now? Do you have a Head Unit (CD Player)? Also what kind of music are you looking to listen to? I just did an install on a Nissan Spec V with 2 10" Ascendant Audio Assasins in it and it sounds great... I think i have some pictures too at home so i can post those... If you are lookign to get some real bass in your truck its tough to face it but you have to give up space in the back cargo area for a box. And your Durango has a huge back cargo space to really shine... I wouldnt mind throwing in at least 2 12"'s or 15"s in a ported box. you would really slam back there :) But if you are lookign just to get a little thump you could make a box that is semi-stealth. Ill design one for you if u like for maybe 2 10"'s

habeba86 07-28-2006 08:02 AM

I saw ascendant audio!!!! Glad to see another audio dude here!!!
JP-You can get a 10" that will only need a little over .5cf and wrap it in vinyl or carpet to match your interior.

Daksport1pa 07-30-2006 06:06 PM

Welcome to the site.

Duffs302 08-01-2006 01:36 PM

[sm=welcomesign.gif]

CaptainPioneer 08-01-2006 03:34 PM

thanks for the warm welcome