New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Hey Boys and Girls!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2004, 04:21 PM
BillyBoy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey Boys and Girls!!

Hi all,

I have been trying to get production figures on my 83 Mirada without much luck at all. Some guy on Alpar said it was only 5280. I do not believe that, maybe for 83 but not all four years. I recall having my air conditoning charged at a Chrysler dealer about 15 years ago and when asked what year it was I gave it to the servive mamager just to be told that I must be wrong as he had never even seen an 83. He went out to check the tail lamp and came in grinning that i was right. So, maybe not many 83s, but who knows. Anyone out there know? I have owned this car since 1986 and she is in damn good shape. Just a six popper, but I could not find an eight in decent shape even in 86 so I settled for a comfy road car. Over the years I have pondered about popping in a 360 but besides a lot of work and cash, the six runs so damn good, and if it is a rare beast, why toy with it? I had my driveway paved just this morning and some twenty something guys on the crew saw her sitting in ther garage with a collectors plate on it and asked what it was. Can you imagine? They did think she was pretty cool, though. Shes no Challanger ot 69 Daytona, but nice in her own special way.

Now that I have found you I sue am glad to be on board. I am a third generation Chrysler buyer, bought my first car from the same dealer that my daddy did, and his daddy bought cars there too. Had a bit of a falling out with the Dodge boys after my lemon 88 Shelby Daytona Turbo that in 1990 even the dealer who sold it to me would not take it in on trade, so went to a Honda Civic(Of all things!) as only that dealer would take her off my hands in trade. Still got that Civic(175000 miles and runs great, rusty mind you, but even my Chryslers have never been as trouble free) I did get over my anger in in the spring of 95 bought a new Voager Minivan for the lady of the house. As that has been fairly good(Though I will not talk about the Tourque Flite tranny that I insisted on when buying the car, what happened to those, they used to serve me so well?) I decided to suppliment my Honda with a REAL car, a 2004 Neon SXT. What a cool piece a machinery. And the price, $10400 right off the showroom, even had a car bra on it. (Say, should I take that thing off, or dry the car after a rain, will it hurt the paint? I did take it off, but it looks so cool with it on I realy want it back) Poor Momma Mopar apparently can't give them away, just the same, when I can get a new car with a 70/70, air, cruise, tilt, power everything, and is zippy besides for around $11000 with tax, who am I do argue? All in all after 2000 miles, I am still satisfied with her, though the radio squells nastily sometimes, wierd. Oh well, she is warranted. Now if I had only not paid the junkman to haul away my 70 Road Runner all those years ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Old 07-01-2004, 04:47 PM
Fiddle Player
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hey Boys and Girls!!

Howdy and welcome aboard to the DF! That's a pretty interesting story ya got there...Glad you came across us!

Karen

Old 07-01-2004, 05:04 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Hey Boys and Girls!!

Glad to have you ar DodgeForum.com!! I believe you are our second Mirada owner... BadStratRT has one too. Hope you become active and we see you often. Post pics as soon as you can!

~Amanda

Quick Reply: Hey Boys and Girls!!