Non-Dodge Members Rides Do you have a non-Dodge that youd like to show off on the forum? This is the place to post information about your nonner!

Evo Wagon ('06)

Old 06-13-2014, 05:29 AM
Norge
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Evo Wagon ('06)

I have recently moved to the UK, and my '11 Durango Crew awd 3.6 won't be shipped out of the US until about August to head over here. So in the meantime I ordered one of the cars I've been wanting that I can't get in the US. So next week a Japan only edition of the Mitsubishi Evolution 9 in Wagon form will be arriving. The fun part is that this wagon has about the same HP as my Durango, also awd... but about 1300 lbs lighter. I'm looking forward to having them both arrive and getting a pic of the big and little grocery getters side by side. In the meantime, here's a few pics of it right before it got shipped out of Japan:

Old 06-20-2014, 04:01 PM
tbugden
All Star
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Whoa sweet, didn't know they made a wagon. I'm gonna have to talk to my shipping guy in Japan. First I have to get a shipping guy in Japan.

Old 06-20-2014, 04:13 PM
Tasca Dodge Parts
Former Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I AM JELAOUS... love that... speed+function
chris

Old 06-21-2014, 10:38 PM
Norge
Professional

It should be fun. I'm anxiously waiting for it to clear the UK customs now after arriving Thursday. It's going to suck when I return to the US in a few years, since it's not old enough to import I'll have to sell it here.

Old 07-03-2014, 07:02 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

awesome car. This is going to be my "cool thread" pick on the DF Front Page!

Old 07-04-2014, 08:50 AM
Norge
Professional

Originally Posted by BadStratRT
awesome car. This is going to be my "cool thread" pick on the DF Front Page!
Thanks! For an update I picked it up from Southampton docks this last Tuesday. Until I get the UK registration it's sporting the Japanese plate. Here's a couple of pics after getting it (sorry, it's dirty).

It's a nice runner for a grocery getter. Got the rear fog added and through the UK MOT inspection so the registration is getting routed through.

About to head back to the US and move house and family over along with the Durango. Got a couple of mods to add to the Durango such as a 180° thermostat for towing the project car through 7 states to where it'll be stored and a strut brace to help minimize the tire wear from all the roundabouts here in the UK.

Old 11-12-2015, 03:36 PM
Norge
Professional

Well, it's been some time since I last posted about this. Here's a pic of the Evo with the Durango after the Durango arrived to the UK:

I have since moved on from the Evo Wagon. The car I originally wanted is on the way, it's a '91 Nissan Skyline 4 door. So once it arrives I'll start one about it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Evo Wagon ('06)