DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   North East (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/north-east-51/)
-   -   Anyone in CT? (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/north-east/172558-anyone-in-ct.html)

FFMedic1479 08-22-2008 12:54 AM

Anyone in CT?

Hey, who is in CT? Or RI for that matter since it is small enough. I feel that CT gets the short end when it comes to speed and 4x4 shops... not many around so they feel free to jack up the prices. That’s my dream (not the jack up my prices part), one day to own a fabrication shop in CT (is it irresponsible to have a bar attached???) and help out all the enthusiasts with their rides. But until I do... what local shows/ shops do you like to go to?

drjgarage 08-23-2008 07:40 AM

Hey from here in Enfield. 4X4 shops are dead. Dealers are a rip off and really don't get the real 4x4 owner.

LilSparkPlug 08-24-2008 03:10 PM

I'm from next door! (RI). I've noticed that about shops, you are almost better ordering everything online and attempting it yourself. Which part of CT are you from Medic?

FFMedic1479 08-24-2008 11:35 PM

From North Stonington, live (hopefully only for a little while longer, but housing market sucks) in New London, work in Groton as a fireman (dont really do too much with the medic). Personally, I rather order or make something myself and install it myself then pay someone else to do it. The only "speed" shop around is in Norwich (Swift Motorsports... but never bought anything from them) and the only sound shop I will go to is Soundcraft in Waterford. You got a decent sound shop up in Warwick that I like to check out from time to time when I go up that way.

dkeys412 09-06-2008 10:12 PM

I'm in RI myself, I was just in CT on labor day weekend, danbury to be exact....I live in Cumberland RI, close to the mass border

six pak 09-09-2008 01:07 PM

Look up SNETA in the yellow pages-Southern New England Truck Accessories- Located here in New London-on Broad street-where all the car dealers are

RAM_05 09-10-2008 10:25 AM

There are a few speed shops around Central CT. Plenty of sound shops too. The downside to the speed shops is that they mostly deal with cars, but pretty sure they still deal with trucks.

FFMedic1479 09-11-2008 01:49 PM

Is that the shop that used to be across from blockbusters in NL?

LilSparkPlug 09-12-2008 08:44 PM

You must be talking about SoundFX. Swift Motorsports kinda screwed me over bigtime, though some of the guys there aren't bad people. There was a truck shop up in MA I went to, that catered to lifted trucks....I'm going to have to search to see if I can remember the name of it. Badass place.

BTW we should have a DodgeForum Northeast Meet :) that would be sweet.

08_1500 09-12-2008 08:49 PM

I'm ct as well not to far from you FFmedic I live in Windham. There are not to many shops in the area. I know there was one in Scotland but I dont think he is open any more, I know there is on in Manchester off exit 2 or 3 off Rte 384