DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Brand News, Concepts & Rumors (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/off-brand-news-concepts-and-rumors-72/)
-   -   Chevy ss (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/off-brand-news-concepts-and-rumors/27476-chevy-ss.html)

HemiMan4451 06-15-2005 06:32 PM

Chevy ss

Don't get me wrong i love chevy but why are all their "ss" cars and trucks just the samething with an ss badge and a supercharger or tubocharger?

ViperGTS 06-15-2005 06:45 PM

RE: Chevy ss

Chevy's cheap add-ons that they hope will bump profit up. SS vehicles are lame.

-Matt-

Midnight SRT 06-15-2005 06:45 PM

LOL You got it pretty much on the dot. They don't want to make better engine, just little add ons and the same old ones.

Saint 06-15-2005 07:00 PM

Not all of the SS vehicles are Supercharged, and none are turbocharged. The Silverado SS uses the HO 6.0L Vortec, the SSR uses the LS2, the Trailblazer SS uses the LS2, and next years Monte Carlo SS and Impala SS will use the 5.3L V-8. Next year's Cobalt SS coupe and sedan are supposed to come with the 170hp 2.4L Ecotec found in the Solstice. So, next year the only Supercharged SS model will be the Cobalt SS Supercharged that is currently on the market.

Midnight SRT 06-15-2005 07:03 PM

The SS's are gay. The engines are nothing new...................

ramfan5.9 06-15-2005 07:49 PM

yup, gay they are

the only good ones were the old ones liek a camaro SS and a chevelle SS which came with a 454

ViperGTS 06-15-2005 07:54 PM

Cobalt SS coupe and sedan are supposed to come with the 170hp 2.4L Ecotec found in the Solstice.
Performance is what makes DC big and probably why Chevy isn't big. They need to add more Hp to that weak 170 to atleast 230.

-Matt-

Saint 06-16-2005 02:40 AM

Don't get the SS confused with the SS Supercharged, they're different models. the SS will have a 170 hp 2.4L Ecotec, where as the SS Supercharged uses a 205 hp, most ar dynoing 215 hp to the wheels though, Supercharged 2.0L Ecotec, Same block as the Ecotec drag cars. Now I agree that GM should have given the SS Supercharged more horsepower, but with the SS Supercharged staying around and the SRT-4 going away they're gonna own the market for a little while.

ViperGTS 06-16-2005 03:40 AM

, but with the SS Supercharged staying around and the SRT-4 going away they're gonna own the market for a little while.
Not neccesarily. The Cobalt SS Super Charged runs mid 20K's and so does the Charger and Mustang. Both of them own the Cobalt. I agree that Cobalt sales will probably go up though because of the SRT-4's absence..

-Matt-

moparturd 06-16-2005 10:54 AM

ORIGINAL: HemiMan4451

Don't get me wrong i love chevy but why are all their "ss" cars and trucks just the samething with an ss badge and a supercharger or tubocharger?
Here's why. GM stands for Gimmick Marketting. Whatever may seem cool at the time is how the market there POS vehicles. I think America may finally be seeing how much garbage they do get when they purchase a GM POS.

Oh, by the way, I don't like GM.;):D